Support Trundle: Does it work?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Option Paralysis

05-01-2012

It just seems like his kit would make for an awful time in bot lane for the enemy. AD debuff, movespeed buff (escape, faster means of warding semi-distant places like blue or Dragon), pillars for stopping ganks/aggressive lanes, and yet another debuff with his ult. I have been interested to try this, but unsure of how it would go, and I'm not one to intentionally throw a game. Not exactly sure how it would be built, but I'm wondering if it could turn out well. Thoughts?

HouseGreyjoy

05-01-2012

he has no way to actually help his carry ... he can pillar, but it's on a pretty long cooldown, and trundle without farm is just going to get gibbed in team fights (even with his ult) without doing a ton ... he has no ranged harass, and would probably just be an xp soak bottom lane

sammich kek

05-01-2012

I suppose he would work just as well as any other non conventional support champion.

sometimes I play support Evelynn... doesn't mean it's a winning strategy

but sometimes it's just fun to freeze a lane because I take zero damage from minions

or catch players out of place because I have infinite scout stealth

alllen

05-01-2012

in normals, anything works

so yeah, go for it.

AdmiralAardvark

05-01-2012

Pillar is killer, you can force flash at level 1 if you have a strong early ganking jungler.

alxJaZe

05-01-2012

He has an AD debuff, sure, but it counts on him getting in melee range of the ad carry, which is not going to happen often

Option Paralysis

05-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by alllen View Post
in normals, anything works

so yeah, go for it.
I started as a Dominion player, then it got stagnant and only in the past month or so have I started playing classic. I discovered I play support fairly well, so that's what I'm aiming to get great at before I start playing ranked. Thing is, I do better with unconventional supports as it is (Blitz <3). I never really see Trundle aside from an occasional counter-pick in ranked streams. It seems like it would work, I just want some input on a possible build order that may make it at least semi-viable.

Option Paralysis

05-01-2012

Bump. Any insight?

Venom Stoneice

05-01-2012

I think Trundle is too item dependent to be a support, even if his kit might work for support.

Option Paralysis

05-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom Stoneice View Post
I think Trundle is too item dependent to be a support, even if his kit might work for support.
I can see where you're coming from, but the reason I even thought about it was because of the debuff items paired with his kit. What I'm thinking about is getting a Sapphire Crystal + Ward at start, building into CDR Boots, Aegis, then using the Sapphire Crystal to build into Frozen Heart. Supports don't make a lot of gold obviously, but if it were to get any farther than that into the game, an Abyssal Scepter if you have a strong AP, or a Zeke's for AD to blend with the FH to literally change the pace of a team fight. I'm thinking between that half of a build and his debuffs, you'd really start to make a difference when it comes to their main damage dealers.