Spectator Mode Feedback

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nucleotyde

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheChief View Post
I'm not sure if you are still viewing this thread but yesterday I spectated one and all health potions appeared as BF swords. The icon and description were for a BF sword but the cost still showed up as 25 gold as it should. I realized this was the case when someone had 3 stacked on one, and when Janna had one.
I think this happened to me. A Singed and a Leona on opposing teams both had a cloak of agility, and at one point I think Leona's had a cooldown timer. I don't know what item is was supposed to be though.

I don't know if this has been brought up, but spell shields are hard to see on purple team if colorblind mode is off since the spell shields are purple. If I turn colorblind mode on I get yellow on red instead of purple on purple, but I prefer to play with colorblind mode off.

Yontwisess

05-09-2012

All there needs now is chat when spectating, and a kill cam for when you die

Mgizle

05-09-2012

i understand that there is a 3 minute delay, but i think the delay time for a spectator should be around 2 min or 1.5 minutes respectfully
our clan on TS plays 5 v 5 and by the time those who are spectating watch a specific kill in the game, there is a new kill already finished, i do understand that the 3 minute delay prevents from any type of cheating however when your clan member yells out penta kill! and you have to wait so fricken long to finally see it, it sucks and a jungle can very easily be cleaned out in a minute and no champion stays at the same spot for more than a minute, so i dont think moving the delay to 2 minutes would cause any problems, the worst part is when your waiting on your members to finish the game and they finally finish it, you are still watching 3 minutes worth of game before seeing the nexus blow up.
everything is very nicely done on the spectate side
i just think the delay can be lowered to 2 minutes

Goddess Din

05-09-2012

General

• Let us know if interactions or functionality did not work as you expected.

The only thing I really don't like so far is the directed camera (see below about that). Apart from that everything works as expected and feels right, except I hate the default keybinds with a passion (and I'm not being hostile <3). I severely dislike the gameplay keybinds too though, but I can see where they're universally friendly for people without a mouse of teh buttony buttonz. :P

Directed Camera
  • Does it show you what you want to see during a match?
  • How do you feel about the camera motion/movement?
  • Have you switched from Directed to Manual camera control? Thoughts about the process?

I was actually finding it irritating, I can't say much because I turned it off within about 2 minutes and haven't touched it since. Also I've remapped players from whatever the default letters are to 1-5 for team one and 6-0 for team two, and WASD to move the camera around manually and it works wonders. For some reason selecting players with numbers instead of arbitrary letters works better for me.

Tap a number to go to a player, double tap to follow them, WASD whenever you want to move the camera.

Featured Games (on the landing page)
  • How do you feel about the selection of games?
  • Thoughts about the process of choosing and getting into a game?

I really, really, really, really, really want a way of searching through games somehow. I do like the games showing up on the launcher right now, that's an awesome feature. But some way of saying "find some game that has x champion in it" or "find a game that has both x and y champions in it" would be amazing.

The vast majority of the time when I watch a random game it's because I'd really like to see a higher ranking player play a champion I want to learn more about, or if I'm considering buying one. At times now I've had to wait about 5-10 minutes to find a game with a specific champion.

Drop-In (off your Friend List)
  • Thoughts about the process of getting into a game?

I haven't actually tried spectating a friend's game yet, but by the looks of it it's right click -> spectate. Seems straight forward and intuitive enough! :P

Spectator HUD
  • Thoughts about the information displayed? Too much? Info missing?
  • Thoughts about using Timeshift Controls?

Honestly I think the UI as is is perfect, and the time controls are amazing. The only thing I wish is that there was a way to hide elements individually. As it stands it's either all on or all off - frequently I really want it all off except for say, the minimap. Or I want it all on except I really don't care about the items at the time.

I know some people will say "but you need to see it all or it doesn't make sense!" and while that's true, if you're just watching a game to watch a game you don't need 100% of the info, yet you would want SOME windows up.

Edit: Oh yes... and having an option to turn on the in-game chat window would be amazing. Not to type, just so you could see any typing going on in-game, or to get messages as to which player is pinging what, etc.

Goddess Din

05-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxramdom View Post
thats almost the exact same thing as i said on page 95
i would like the ability to go to your recent played games and be able to spectate them to learn from mistakes
This times over 9000.

I've had quite a few games that I wish I could go back and re-watch in spectator mode to see what everyone was doing at the time so I could learn to play better.

I know I COULD just fraps it - but then it's only my point of view and they'd be like... 15 gigs minimum per game <_<

TheFlyingSpoon

05-09-2012

I want to be able to watch the first minutes of featured games. I've not yet been able to do that.

JerikoSummons

05-09-2012

I personally never lag in-game. I have generally a fps ratio of 25-30 and for whatever reason, a few minutes into spectating every game a lag comes out of nowhere. The lag takes anywhere from a few seconds to a minute or two to finally go away and all I see is champions jumping from place to place. If I leave the session and come back the lag goes away for awhile but it never fails to come back sometime later.

Besides that, its a fairly smooth experience. Still a little rough around the edges but I'm sure that will be patched soon enough. ("rough around the edges" i.e. controls and overall smoothness.)

Ashiver

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-09-2012

I would also like to echo that I would like to be able to spectate individual players either from a follow list or through their profile page. A follow list would be MUCH better though. If you guys don't implement something like this some high elo players could start selling spots on their friends list and I don't think you guys want that.

LadyAzalea

05-09-2012

If this isn't a bug...I'd like to be able to see both team chats and not just "all" chat.

About the scoreboard... I previously mentioned that I feel like it's too big. Here's my thoughts:
1. I'd like if the play/pause functions were separate from the scoreboard so that I can disable it taking up half of my small laptop screen. As it is now, if you pause a game, then minimize the scoreboard and realize you want to pause it, you have to reenable the scoreboard.. An alternative to making them visually separate would just be to allow hot keys (ie my itunes play/pause keys to work) or just keybindings in general to be used for spectators... including chat.
2. I'd like if I could click on a character to see their stats/items instead of seeing them in the scoreboard (which I feel is too bulky and too much info to be in constant view. I'd rather have it accessible via click).
3. I thought I mentioned this the other day but I'm tired, it's late, so I apologize for repeating myself...but settings need to be preserved between games. Ie, if I enable all chat and disable the scoreboard, I want to start a new game w/chat enabled and the scoreboard off. I don't want to manually enable these each time I spectate. As I suggested in #1...consider keybindings for spectator purposes. If they exist now, I haven't explored enough or read anywhere about them to know that I can indeed use them to enable my settings.
4 & 5. spectator chat & friends-of-friends spectate mode please!

Cheister

05-09-2012

eu do o cu