Spectator Mode Feedback

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hyperon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-07-2012

would be cool to be able to see the games chat or be able to chat with other spectators

Jisei no ku

05-07-2012

Spectator mode needs a "off" switch.
It's only making me lag when people watch my games and I hate that.

F0XX0R

05-07-2012

I was wondering if it's possible to have spectator mode and the normal modes to have a different key binding file. I change the setup of my keys in normal mode (WSAD for camera control, 1234 for spells, etc) but these key bindings carry over to spectator (S for manual camera, D for directed, W for player 2, etc).

If this could happen, that'd be great!

Baiken Seishino

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-07-2012

I'm normally all for originality but when it comes to spectator mode I honestly wish you guys just copied HoN's spectator mode. When I spectate my friends i wanna be able to see live gameplay. What the enemy team is doing does not concern me. Another thing is that people can use this current spectator mode to time the enemy teams buffs/dragons/baron. Please just rework it and use HoN's spectator mode. Pretty please

NRHcHalfbak3d

05-07-2012

We need cross spectator chat!!Other than that,it's great

Luvs2Pwn

05-07-2012

It would be nice if you could choose a match based on what champions were played.

For example: If I wanted to spectate a match with ryze, I could choose to spectate a game with that champ. That way I could see/learn how other people play that champion.

Pushover

05-07-2012

So far, I really like spectator mode, and I think it can be a great learning tool for newer players. However, some features could be added to improve Spectator Mode, both for fun and for learning League.

I would like to see the addition of spectator delay options in custom games. If my friends are having a friendly inhouse game, I would want other friends to be able to rag on us while we play, rather than 3 minutes after the play. Also lower level friends would be able to spectate what is going on and learn from our play. They could also ask questions.

One problem currently existing in League is the inability to teach lower level friends how to play the game. When you quene with a lower level friend, you bring up the normal ELO to the point that you have to carry very hard, and your friend is hopelessly outplayed. In some cases, the differences in runes and masteries can be enough to make lanes unplayable. The other option is to smurf. The problem with smurfing is that in addition to somewhat ruining the experience of other new players, you still have to focus on playing the game, not just giving advice to your new friend.

My solution would be to add a coaching mode. Players can invite others to the game as a coach, similar to how one would invite a spectator to a custom game. The game creator can then quene for normals (possibly with other teammates). This 'coach' player would only be able to see what the person playing's team can see, but without spectator delay. This would mean that more experienced players can give advice as events unfold. If that player can explain the actions well enough, it can accelerate the learning of the newer player.

Additionally, the coach mode can work the other way around, as you can have a new player watching and asking questions of a more experienced player while he plays. Coaching mode should be disabled for ranked to prevent an extra pair of eyes around the map creating an advantage.

Spectator chat would be good, but there would need to be either a report button for spectators who are spamming, or just an easy way to mute them.

One good feature I could see being added would be tick marks on the timeline for whenever a champion dies, or an objective (dragon/baron/tower) is taken. This would mean that you could easily locate teamfights, or events that led to an objective being taken on the timeline.

Kėno

05-07-2012

Also, thank you Rioters for making this great feature for our favourite game. I'd say it's one of the more successful ventures this game has undergone.

Not to mention everyone now expects the official replay features to live up to this standard (fluid motion, very little loading time etc) and more when it comes around in the distant future.

Oh yeah, I am sooooo impressed with the loading speed of the featured games. I think Rayven and everyone who worked on this mode deserve a nice, wet kiss each from... idk, Zileas I guess. Failing that, I think Ryze has some bushy mou' going on... tee-hee.

BigDiff

05-07-2012

I'd like to see Spectator in Co-op matches.

Shentok

05-07-2012

Are there plans to add ranked Twisted Treeline matches to the featured games list? I feel that this could open up the community to it a bit since there are almost no high ranked 3s streamers.