Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Spectator Mode Feedback

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Barbarian Bill

05-02-2012

Will there be Spectator Mode for Tribunal Cases?

Want Red Response Please

Argo12

05-02-2012

Joining a friend in spectating a game would be awesome.

My buddy has mentioned he'd like to be able to watch someone playing a jungling Hecarim to get some pointers. Could future improvements maybe incorporate a filter so you can pick a game based on champions and who took smite, or other skills? That would be pretty cool.

We're really enjoying being able to watch these. Thanks!

Aumador

05-02-2012

it's pretty awesome, although one thing that kind of bugs me is that a friend might be watching one of the live games on the front page and i don't have the option to watch it and i can't just join through him and watch it as well...

Uchihaa

05-02-2012

Put a small viewers counter somewhere in-game to let the player know some friends are watching the action.

Valgaarv

05-02-2012

Good job Riot, i love the Spectator Mode... it's AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!

Piarew

05-02-2012

I've been loving spectator mode so far! I've been using the pan feature extensively, but often find myself trying to right click the minimap to pan to a location, only to have the camera pan southeast. I'm not sure if its a piece of functionality worth adding, but I know I'd appreciate getting to pan to locations on the minimap by rightclicking!

tamplemerc

05-02-2012

needs featured dominion games

YoshiXD808

05-02-2012

The directed camera is a little clunky. there were times when it switches off to another player right when someone is about to die. not very annoying but its just a bit weird

relmz32

05-02-2012

a) ability to join games being spectated by friends. The lack of this function feels either like a bug or large oversight.

b) ability to send and receive chats to and from people who are not in a game that i am spectating. This also feels like a bug or huge oversight, as it takes away from one's ability to chat with friends in-game when they login.

c) Ability to join games that are just starting and observe from the beginning. So, like the featured games section, but showing the just started games. I find that when i join a game in progress, i don't get to see the early game and how things happened, which makes any kind of analysis of the rest of the game much less useful.

There have been a couple lag and connection issues, but I have not been able to reproduce them, so i am not sure about what exactly was going on. This feature seems great, and has been very nice so far.

Barcode Exile

05-02-2012

Quote:
Hubert Ozwell:
Maybe allow the option of removing the spectating delay but restrict vision to your friend's team only? This would allow people to coach their friends in real time. Obviously if there are any related exploits I would want that dealt with but this is a feature I would love to see in the future.

I apologize if this has already been suggested; I didn't have time to read all 22 pages.

This, also I would like to be able to choose the ELO range of games which appear in the featured list.