Spectator Mode Feedback

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mamichan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-02-2012

There needs to be a much better featured games section, it's really awkward it's a small window where the only way to pick is little circles to click on. It needs to be it's own page/section in the ui with more detailed info on which games are available. Also there should be more than 5. I'd definitely want things like more information on each player, elo displayed, what type of game, etc. There should be like 10 ranked games, a few interesting customs, a few dom games, etc.

BadgerDrool

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-02-2012

There's not enough UI visibility for non-tower global objectives. Baron and Dragons per team deserve a clear counter somewhere. I have on occasion lost who got the dragon in a contested fight until I rewound to look for gold pop-ups.

I'd also love to see more of a break down of where the different sources of gold are coming from and how much does it add up to. It's possible to math it out yourself but it'd be gravy to have the information clear and readible somehow.

jonathan0101

05-02-2012

Would be nice to know whether your friend is is in a ranked game or normal game when u spectate them

Czxr

05-02-2012

Replays! Where are they? You seem to already have a significant amount of the infrastructure with spectator mode (the rewind option).

donkrx

05-02-2012

Bug: pop ups stay on screen if you pause/rewind at certain moments. Not sure how to reproduce but it involves pausing/restarting or winding back/forward in time. It seems to mostly be happening to heals and gold gain pop ups... I haven't seen "STUNNED!" get stuck on screen, for example, but that's a less common event so that could just be the result of low sample size. For now it seems limited to gold and health gain text indicators. I had a TON of them on my screen when I rewound multiple times.

imNickG

05-02-2012

Directed Camera
Does it show you what you want to see during a match?
Mostly yes, there are some major areas that needs to be reworked, the algorithm (w.e is using) does not seem to recognize team fights/skirmishes well. It would literally move away from a 3 v 3 at dragon to a boring farming top lane, is really annoying, it just doesnt know what to focus on.

How do you feel about the camera motion/movement?
Pretty smooth, i like it so far.

Have you switched from Directed to Manual camera control? Thoughts about the process?
Yes, i tried it, i think it could be improved, not the part for switching form directed to manual but the part where you move your mouse for a sec and it says (x seconds till directed camera) I feel like this time could be increased, as 5 seconds does not show what users wanted to see (stopping the directed camera)

More games to choose from (featured games), have a better UI, a specific page for it.

When a friend is playing show if they are in ranked or normal.

Be able to join a friend thats spectating and spectate with them.

Be able to save replays.

Be able to chat while spectating (with players out side the spectated game or if players can spectate together, in spectated game chat)

Strawberrycocoa

05-02-2012

I am LOVING Spectator Mode! I do have to things I would love to be different, though.

1. I'd love it if a spectated game opened in some sort of side window, so I could, say, do homework in Photoshop while spectating a game.

2. I sort of wish we could see team chats when spectating. Might also be a helpful tribunal feature to record game video for perusal when reading reports.

IS1dcd9a4f2ff9a3

05-02-2012

Make a hotkey for gold/items switch please, thanks.

Deifixk

05-02-2012

Things I would like to see for the Spectator mode:
-Currently the "full character stats page [c]" is locked to the middle of the screen. It would be nice if it was movable.

-Expansive featured games list similar in fashion to the custom games list, sortable by summoners names ect.

-the ability to save a watched game for viewing/ reviewing later

-the ability to save the spectator data from games I've played in so I can review them at a later point

Other than that, I really love the spectator mode! It is very fantastic. Thanks Guys!

selenvar

05-02-2012

I think the directed camera's a little slow.. i mean when changing, you should speed up the movespeed of the camera..

as for where it aims, early game it's kinda funky, it changes when somethings about to happen, but it also changes when it's about to happen in another lane, so i don't get to see the end of what happened top, but instead i get to see mid...