Spectator Mode Feedback

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dont

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-02-2012

Just a suggestion; Being able to mar certain points so you can go back and view them.
:C

Delphisans

05-02-2012

Not had a chance to review the whole thread closely to see if this has been mentioned. Noticed a couple of things:

--The "featured" matches option from the main client page need to refresh better. Last night, for example, went to find TSM's featured game, but had to restart the client to get it to show up 16 minutes into the game. If there was an option to refresh the list manually without restarting, that would be great.

--The spectator mode would sometimes pause for extended periods, then all of the action would jump forward rapidly. Probably a latency/lag spike issue, but it seemed to be only in spectate mode, not in games myself.

--The announcer's voice for the "Blue turret has been destroyed" and similar notifications is too sped up, and it sounds almost like someone on a helium balloon. Getting the announcements a bit more natural sounding would be great.

lowmanslyric

Recruiter

05-02-2012

My suggestion is not about spectator mode itself, but for the people that are being spectated. How about if someone on your friends list starts spectating your game you get a message in the chat or something? I would like to know if someone is watching my game.

Justinus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-02-2012

Some new functionality that I feel would be a great benefit to getting into games to spectate is an option to spectate a game that your friend is spectating. It will make it a lot easier to watch games with your friends.

IS1dcd9a4f2ff9a3

05-02-2012

Please consider adding an option to watch at 1.5x speed (i.e. something between 1x and 2x). The transition from 1x to 2x seems quite spiky, while there's little difference between 2x and 4x - both have things happening too fast to notice.
I'm not entirely sure, the 1.5x is necessary, but please consider it nevertheless.

And yet another Directed Camera little bug - DC has been showing me Olaf beating top tower for some 10 seconds, and then - just before the final blow - switched to Gragas oneshoting his jungle wolves. Meh.
I would gladly provide any more relevant information if only I knew what is relevant. What shall I provide next time I notice weirdness? Is GameId (found in .logs), time in the game and time of last DC switch enough to pinpoint the problem?

FFDeek

05-02-2012

I want to see every kill or every time a champion gets below 10% life in a short period of time. On directed camera mode it doesnt show me the bad jungler dieing to creeps. I want to see that, that ****s entertaining.

Also improved chat service would be nice and an option to right click a name in chat to reply to them.

Another thing with chat. When typing /r what you want to say, it will always reply "hat you want to say". always leaving out the first letter so im forced to double space to make sure i send an entire message.

Timinated

05-02-2012

My only suggest is allow me to see incoming messages from my friends

FriendlyRaid

05-02-2012

Let me just say that Spectator mode is awesome, you guys did an outstanding job.

My few suggestions:

- Allow us to pick the game type. I understand that Summoners Rift is the most popular map, but I want to watch high-end Twisted Treeline and Dominion games.

- Make a HUD toggle that takes away everything but the mini-map.The HUD crowds the screen and I prefer to take it off, but then I don't have my mini-map to see what's going on elsewhere in the map.

You guys have single-handedly put Twitch TV and own3d out of business. I like it!

Leafeyawn

05-02-2012

There are really only two things I don't like about spectator mode so far:

- As has been stated many times already, I'd like the ability to spectate games my friends are spectating. It seems odd that you included a feature to be able to spectate games they are playing, but not ones they are spectating.

- The list of ranked games should show either the Elo of each player when hovered over, the average Elo of each team, or both. It's not uncommon for me to start watching a game and stop after a few minutes because it's just not interesting to watch. One team just completely outclasses the other or neither are all that great.

Tobius the Grand

05-02-2012

I think you should be able to access your friends list while in game so you can chat while you watch. Also I think the directed camera watches people farm in the jungle too often. So, there'll be a fight going on (not alot of damage being output yet though) and it'll just head down to gangplank getting double golems. Maybe only watch jungle farming when there is a ward or when its counter-jungling?

When you load into a game to spectate and you're on the champion select page, you can only see the names of the team on the left. The names of the people on the right are all just "Summoner 1", ect.

I think featured game should tell you the average elo of all players in the game.

In game, I think you should be able to see the number of viewers your game has. Just a little counter with a people icon next to it somewhere non-invasive.