Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Spectator Mode Feedback

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The Tardwrangler

05-02-2012

What are the level requirements to spectate a match, I on a lvl 5 alt account cannot spectate my friends lvl 10 account, what's with that?

Moths

05-02-2012

i kind of wish there were a spectators chat box, but it's awesome nonetheless

LazyLemon

05-02-2012

the featured live game should show the average elo of the said game

oozaboo

05-02-2012

I haven't figured out a way to watch a game from the beginning; every match I've spectated has been at least 8 minutes in. The obvious suggestion would be "allow for scrolling back to parts that already happened before you started watching."

I wish the colours of spectate mode would stay consistent with the ones we selected for our personal gameplay. That is, colourblind mode does not translate.

It'd be nice to have the function to not just search for specific players who are in matches (and not on your friends list), but also to search by champion. If I want to see how a high elo Dr.Mundo with smite plays through his match, or a Nunu with heal, I should then be allowed to find them and pop right in.

There doesn't seem to be any way to stay locked on a champion. After they die, the game loses interest and its focus wanders. Thus, I cannot watch my friend for an entire match without taking control of the keys.

Something I like about watching streams is that I can just toss the mouse aside and watch people play a video game. If I try that in spectator mode, I wind up at the corner of the map. Maybe the mouse pointer should disappear after a few seconds, or if you right click on nothing.

I don't believe clicking on champion portraits in the bottom item bar displays their map position.

I don't like how when a match ends, it ends. You cannot rewind after you've seen the Nexus explode. It'd also be nice to just save the match afterwards.

I haven't tried this before--- but can you report people after a match? I'm in the delay period before watching a friend play with someone who has an offensive name.

In closing, keep up the pace!

Slayer860

05-02-2012

Quote:
Demasque:
Looks great, one thing though that it's missing (Dota 2 has this) is the spectator chat where all spectators can comment amongst themselves, that's like, half the fun of spectating.

This would be a nice feature. Also I was watching a random stream on the front page and my friend wanted to watch it with me but he had different games displayed. I thought he would be able to join what I am spectating so we can watch together.

Give spectating friends a 'Spectate Game' option like you have for watching Friends playing in game.

Granistas

05-02-2012

I was wondering if it would be possible to view their hp and mana regen and all that stuff? I personally would love to see it!

Lieutenant Col

05-02-2012

just love it
add more well knowen player spectate on the first page pLOx
(Rammus) : Ok?

Captain Prinny

05-02-2012

As a person who is a part of those who did not preview spectator mode before its full, live release, I have to say I absolutely love what I am seeing. I've been spectating games off and on since the release, getting used to controlling the camera and the like. Its all well and good, honestly. I just have one thing to report regarding the fluidity of the spectator mode UI, but its really a little thing:

Currently, when you use the drop-down menu/hotkey to select a player (we'll use hotkey 1/player 1 as an example) to follow automatically, then drag the camera into manual mode via edge-of-screen cursor, it will stay in manual mode, display that it is in manual mode, but the drop menu will still remember the player you focused on (player/hotkey 1). So despite being in manual camera mode, trying to toggle back to the previous player (using player/hotkey 1) from manual camera via drop menu or hotkey will result in the camera staying manual until you select a different focal point altogether or superfluously select manual camera via hotkey/drop menu. Wow, that was a really muddy explanation. Let's see if I can clarify it a bit:

Focus camera on player 1 using drop menu/hotkey 1
Pan camera away via edge-of-screen cursor; camera mode switches to manual
Press hotkey 1/use drop menu to reselect player 1 after panning; camera mode stays in manual instead of refocusing on the player

Ugh, that doesn't sound any better. I should probably clean this up after I get some sleep.

All in all, the issue is probably pretty trivial, anyway. I thought I would bring it up, however, since I want to provide as much feedback as I can.

The Deadly Beard

05-02-2012

I think that with directed mode, you should be able to click on a champions portrait and not have the camera automatically lock over to them, I would like the option to be able to continue using the directed camera (which is freaking amazing by the way, great job) while checking what rank spells other players elsewhere on the map without the camera thinking i want to watch them.

imaloony

05-02-2012

Directed Camera is a bit... awkward. It's so jerky with the transition that I feel like I'm getting motion sickness.
Also, I entered one game and the directed camera just flat out didn't work. Even trying to focus on one champion didn't work, the camera was just broken. I had to direct it myself, which wasn't bad, and allowed me to focus where I wanted, but it was a little annoying.
Other than that, I love it. It's a great system and hopefully will help people get better my observing the styles of better teams.