Spectator Mode Feedback

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hallam

05-01-2012

It's be nice to see what map/mode my friends are playing in before I join spectate.

DanielLaneDC

05-01-2012

It would be a lot more convenient if I could start spectating games that my friends are spectating, instead of a process of, "This game looks like a good line up, you should watch it too" "Who's in it?" "Champion A, B, C" "Oh I found one with Champion A, B but it's got D" "Nah, there's no D here."

So annoying.

Aquelarres

05-01-2012

Greets from Argentina.

IMO Spectator mode is the most similar that i could think about, of a Gamer's guide.

Also, it's like a Game's Review. So it might be helping you guys on Riot, very soon.

Congratulations.

Seltox

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-01-2012

I guess the big thing i'd like to see is to be able to spectate games that your friends are spectating. Even if it was only for high ELO ranked games. I don't want my friend to tell me "OMG, YOU NEED TO WATCH THIS AMAZING RANKED GAME!" and not have any avenue of watching it.

BeQuickOrBeDead

05-01-2012

It's good.

BeQuickOrBeDead

05-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seltox View Post
I guess the big thing i'd like to see is to be able to spectate games that your friends are spectating. Even if it was only for high ELO ranked games. I don't want my friend to tell me "OMG, YOU NEED TO WATCH THIS AMAZING RANKED GAME!" and not have any avenue of watching it.
This.

Iceÿ

05-01-2012

I really love the spectator mode, but i wish I could watch the games from the very beginning instead of after 10 or even 2 minutes are up. ~i'd be happy to wait for the 3 minute delay to watch from the start

DeTalores

05-01-2012

I dunno how to search thread to see if it's been posted, but;
Dragons and Barons killed would be a cool stat to have(maybe next to towers killed)

Kapzilla

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-01-2012

Love spectator:

Things I would add/change:

-For featured streams, make the mouse over screen the default one. I hate having to mouseover non stop to see who is in the stream. I don't even care what champions are being used usually.

-Let players in the game know how many are watching them, and let spectators know how many other spectators there are.

-Let you spectate games your friends are spectating

-Let you chat with other spectators (make it so it's optional)

-More announcements. Someone dies and spectator treats it like a creep died.

-Let us zoom farther out in spectator mode

-Give us the option to see the game as the actual players see the game (mouse clicks, shops, etc)

-Let us if our friends are in dom/TT/SR and if it's ranked or normal before we join

SummonerMan Matt

05-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayven View Post
Hi all. With the wide release of Spectator Mode, many of you will be spectating for the first time.

We'd love to hear your feedback as you dive into the feature and watch LoL matches.

Feel free to discuss or suggest anything Spectator related, but here are some areas you might consider for feedback:

General
  • Let us know if interactions or functionality did not work as you expected.

Directed Camera
  • Does it show you what you want to see during a match?
  • How do you feel about the camera motion/movement?
  • Have you switched from Directed to Manual camera control? Thoughts about the process?

Featured Games (on the landing page)
  • How do you feel about the selection of games?
  • Thoughts about the process of choosing and getting into a game?

Drop-In (off your Friend List)
  • Thoughts about the process of getting into a game?

Spectator HUD
  • Thoughts about the information displayed? Too much? Info missing?
  • Thoughts about using Timeshift Controls?

BUGS!
Thanks and get Spectating!
Love it! The camera is very good at finding the action as well/