Spectator Mode Feedback

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Solari Brigadier

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-01-2012

So I made this thread with my suggestions... http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2078950

Rabidwhale

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-01-2012

Personally I really like it Overall. I love that I can watch my friends, But sometimes I cant, Is that with coop games?

Directed Camera

I noticed that sometimes, It focuses on a jungler with low hp not near any enemies. Also sometimes it cuts off parts of fights if a new battle starts somewhere else. Honestly I turned it off, and will only be using it if I am lazy and dont want to pay too much attention.

How do you pick the featured games?

Talkingtree

05-01-2012

Spectator mode is telling me its live when I thought it was supposed to have a 3 min delay so you can't tell people when ganks are inc. and whatnot. (watching ranked games, not custom) This alone poses no problem for me, but it also leads to the chat being disabled which I find extremely annoying. There are also work-arounds to telling someone information about the enemy team if the game is viewed live such as vent.
If spectator mode for ranked games is actually on a 3 min delay, I don't see why chat should be disabled and why it tells me Live/--:--.

Another thing I found annoying was that there doesn't seem to be a loading bar while loading a spectator mode. This might only be a problem for me because I load games very slowly.

And the last thing i found issue with was that the directed camera will move on its own as soon as you release the mouse. I think there should be a delay after clicking or something because it can become a nuisance pretty quickly if its not finding interest in the same thing you are.

Kazen247

05-01-2012

I think its great, but on the featured games splash page it doesn't tell you why those are featured. Are they high elo ranked games or something? High lvl riot players? That's my only feedback so far.

Junlea

05-01-2012

I enjoy this feature alot but my biggest complaint is I am isolated when using it. I want to still be able to see my friends online, their game status, and chat with them because one of the main reasons to use this is while waiting for friends to finish games etc.

slaya45

05-01-2012

This is one of the coolest things ive seen in a long time. Very nice job! One thing ive noticed, is that we can't see the chat log (unless i havent messed around with it enough), and we can't see who pings on the map.

Adonisss

05-01-2012

Bug: Friends do not recieve whispers made to them from me, while we are both spectating different games, and I don't recieve whispers from them either, not sure if this is true if we're both spectating the same game.

ZiPS

05-01-2012

I dropped into my friend's game during the 3-min delay before the game. I was put in to the spectator champ selection screen. All champs/summoner spells show. My friend was on purple team, but I couldn't tell because all of purple's names were "Summoner1-5" is this a bug? Is this happening to anyone else?

Lhyanc

05-01-2012

It all looks great. Much better than I expected. Great job!

It would be nice to have a Dominion game available to watch though.

Metricos

05-01-2012

It is absolutely awesome. The Directed Camera, while a little wonky on occasion (picking up what *could* have been action rather than what ended up being the action), is working quite well. The game selection could be a little...different. Personally, I feel that seeing *who* is playing should be a little more noticeable. It just feels clunky to hover over a match just to see who's playing. Loading in is perfect, the announcements are lovely. The timeshift controls are AWESOME.

All in all. 12/10 (but maybe check into changing how featured games are displayed. Summoner Names shouldn't be secondary information!)