Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Spectator Mode Feedback

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mr Diggs

05-23-2012

I would like to see be able to spectate the games your friends are spectating from the friends list.
For example: I have just logged into Leauge of Legends, and one of my friends on my friends list is spectating a game. It would be nice to be able to right click on his name and spectate the same game with him.

Also be able to chat with other spectator that are spectating the game along with being able to see the ingame chat that the game we are spectating. So we could have something like 2 chat bars. One of left like we have right now that is the main one with being able to see ingame chat but not communicate. One of left being able to chat with other spectators.

Since there are alot of people are posting here, I dont know the chances of this being read by a useful riot staff. But if you do read it and like the idea spread the word!

Jerzeeboii

05-23-2012

I enjoy spectator mode, but is it possible to have a filter for what game types we want to see?
I don't enjoy watching Dominion, I just want to watch Classic games. Is it possible to have a letter D up top to let me know if its dominion or not?
Like...a blue C for Classic. and Purple D for Dominion could work I think.

Lithorz

05-23-2012

The spectator mode is pretty sucky since you cant watch the action live, instead you need to watch it 3 minutes before things happen which sucks for commentaries. Also you cant watch your friends playing since you cant watch everything at the exact moment it happens to say

"Nice job dude" in a videochat...!!
you should fix the delay, and if you cancel this post riot then sucks since they wont be open to suggestions and critics.

Xardakun

05-23-2012

I think spectator mode is amazing, for some reason I get the bug where it won't display correctly unless it's in fullscreen mode, not borderless windowed. (before today's patch).
The directed camera is amazing.

NanaMadHouse

05-23-2012

Quote:
OpticPham:
Can we have an option to spectate our friends in real time? But only the side of our friends and not the entire map/both teams.

It would help to teach them or guide them better.

i really support this, specially for refer friends that dont play any kind of MOBA before.

Josempd

05-23-2012

It would be nice that I could expect a game that a friend is actually watching.

Davealdo

Recruiter

05-24-2012

When in manual camera mode and following a Champion (as have him/her on focus) and they die. You have to reselect them when they respawn. If the camera automatically picked them up that would be an improvement. I also could suggest that if in manual camera mode and the focus dies. It then would swap to directed to see the action while your focus was dead but when they spawn refocus on them as in manual mode.

Aniline

05-24-2012

Not sure if this was mentioned yet, but when I'm spectating a friend in blind pick, if my friend is on the purple team, during then 3 minute wait in champion select, they are listed as:

Summoner 1, Summoner 2, Summoner 3, Summoner 4, and Summoner 5.

I can see the enemy team's names on the blue team just fine.

If my friend is on the blue team, I can see all of their names, but the enemy purple team is listed as Summoner 1, etc.

This is only during the 3 minute wait for the delay. In-game the names are listed fine.

Is it supposed to function this way?

CuddlyGoose

05-24-2012

a lot of great options for spectating, and love all the information available, BUT (and maybe this has been said because theres billions of posts) PLEASE ALLOW US TO TURN OFF THE PING SOUND. Hearing both teams pinging non stop gets frustrating. I've only spectated two games so far, as i'ev only just started playing again after a long hiatus, so im not sure if the option is there somewhere, but it should be.

Exologist

05-24-2012

Quote:
SiNiquity:
I've attached images of the bug I experience every game I spectate. I forgot the mouse would get hidden on screen capture, but in the 1st image (the one of the champion portraits on the right) my mouse is not over Olaf's ignite icon but the one above it. Similarly in the second image my mouse is over Soraka's global heal, not the flash icon. The bug is that for the last 3 summoner's on purple team, their icons are not shown and their spell icons are all shifted to the right by 1. Note that in the second image, Soraka's Starcall spell is Soraka herself!

How to reproduce:
  1. Log into League of Legends (for simplicity's sake, not directly related to the bug)
  2. Go to Start -> Control Panel -> Region and Language -> Keyboards & Languages -> Change Keyboards...
  3. Click Add...
  4. Navigate to English (United States) -> Keyboard and then check United States - Dvorak. Click ok. Note that the bug may affect other layouts, I haven't tested.
  5. Change Default input language (in the window where you added the new keyboard) to Dvorak. Click ok.
  6. Go back to League of Legends and spectate a game to reproduce the bug.
  7. Don't forget to change your default keyboard layout back!

Note I've tested this with the standard US layout and the bug disappears (explains why it was probably missed by Q&A).

Thanks for the info. It's a conspiracy against Dvorak users!