Spectator Mode Feedback

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Goddess Din

05-11-2012

Actually following up on my post about the featured games... I'm really starting to get the impression Graves might actually be overpowered because he's been in literally at least 90% of the ranked games for 3 days now, no other champion is that common and it makes me worry :P

Ewendor

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayven View Post
Hi all. With the wide release of Spectator Mode, many of you will be spectating for the first time.

Featured Games (on the landing page)
  • How do you feel about the selection of games?
  • Thoughts about the process of choosing and getting into a game?
I haven't been happy with the selection of games available. There are certain players / teams I'd be able to look in on, like curse, AAA, and TSM, and they are very rarely on the featured list. Most of the time I go through all 5 games and then decide to watch a stream instead.

Quote:
Drop-In (off your Friend List)
  • Thoughts about the process of getting into a game?
This is great. Now, when I want to play with friends, and they're in a game, I can spectate their game instead of starting my own, and that way we don't get into an endless cycle of not being able to play together,

Quote:
Spectator HUD
  • Thoughts about the information displayed? Too much? Info missing?
  • Thoughts about using Timeshift Controls?
I think it would be nice if spectators could have a chat mode called kibitz, and speak to each other. It would show up to the players, because that would be distracting, but it would let us talk about what we're seeing, why the players build what they build, and that sort of thing.

Kevbotron

05-11-2012

I like it in general. I have a few friends that I have gotten into LoL and so they are fairly new. I like to spectate their matches to tell them what they did right or wrong. I personally think there is too much info displayed, or at least it isn't grouped very well. I don't exactly know how to change that though :P

Ohforfsake

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-11-2012

There needs to be some featured games of different game modes.

BigIdea

05-11-2012

Featured Games:
I think it would be nice to be able to spectate a game from the beginning. Most loaded games are between 4 and 12 minutes in. I would suggest that 5 games in the hero selection process be listed in addition to the 5 games currently in play. Much can be learned about counter picking, jungle protection, etc. pre-game and in the first few minutes of the game.

alaskaneagle

05-11-2012

When you click to follow one champ;

If you are following panth it'll stop when he ults and the camera will just sit there

and when they die it also no longer follows them,

EyeCandi

05-11-2012

Wards killed/Wards Placed tab

Ringaround

05-11-2012

The only issue I have is when you are following a specific player. Once they die the camera stops moving completely. It would be great if you made it switch back to directed view once a champion is killed.

tataku999

05-11-2012

Crazy Idea, lets say you and a friend wanted to watch a game together, I would be nice to be able to do that, and talk to each other as you watch?

Sieghrain

05-11-2012

Directed camera is really the main attraction when going to spectator mode, but if you could at least add an option that we can only focus directed camera into the lane that we want to view for at least a minute or so, the camera switches too much for a little action on the another lane.