Spectator Mode Feedback

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Yimie

05-10-2012

Love the mode, but it would make it really awesome if we could talk about it with other people who are spectating the same game. A little chatbox in the corner or something.

Mooinacan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-10-2012

hey, not sure if this is of big concern, but you could easily get sigil timers, dragon timer, baron timer, even with the 3 minute delay.

Ricky2034

05-10-2012

1. Update to talk to your friends online ( They want to play a game with you, how are you supposed to know)

2. Be able to set view to follow one champion and just one champion

VictoryNibbles

05-10-2012

I gotta know (an' know way I'm readin' through so many pages o' who knows what)...why can I only spectate some o' my friends?

Also, why do some drop off my online list, while they're still in a game with other friends? -_-

HyperShock

05-10-2012

Hey guys, I like the spectator mode, I think its great, but I do have this one problem. I run dual monitors on my setup, but when I want to spectate, the game gets loaded into the middle of BOTH screens. The window also gets locked, and I cannot rearrange it. I know this is a minor problem that most people might not have but I just thought I would bring this to your attention.

ArturFel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-10-2012

Hi pls make the chat always enabled in spectate mode. its annoying to wait to play with a friend that is watching ur ended game.

Contraktt

05-10-2012

I like it and directed camera is great.
Two things. I'm sure someone has this posted on this thread but I'm not going to search every page, obviously.

--There desperately needs to be a notification that tells you "The game you're spectating has ended."
That way you know your friend is done playing and you can hop out of spectator mode and tell him "Good job blah blah blah let's play now" Otherwise your friend may start a new game in the 3 minutes it took for you to realize the game has ended.

--Secondly, Friends list chat. It needs to be there. I hate having to alt-tab to tell my brother on another chat program (ooVoo, Skype, Yahoo, etc) "Nice quad kill yo!"
And if you absolutely cannot manage to allow friend chatting (for whatever dumb reason, given there's already a 3-minute delay implemented) then allow friend chatting with friends that are not in game.

I'd really like to see these things discussed further, and hopefully added. Otherwise spectator mode is a "GREAT SUCCESS!" #Boratquoteswentoutofstyleyearsago

Fourth Oracle

05-10-2012

Sometimes, while jumping quickly in the timeline, information like gold gained will remain stuck on the screen for the rest of the game. As a shoutcaster, it's rather annoying to have to go to a blank area of the map to jump in the timeline to make sure that there aren't yellow numbers sitting there for the rest of the game.

That being said, you have revolutionized the way that e-sports will be done with this spectator mode, and I am ridiculously pleased with it. Keep it up.

Symonia

05-10-2012

Despite the 3 minute delay, there's nothing stopping people from spectating their friends' games and informing them of stress-patterns and behaviour of the enemy team over a voice chat program.......
Apart from that, there's no real issue.

Duc Bear

05-11-2012

It's pretty nice, I've only spectated one game but I still think it was done well.