Chat in Spectator Mode not showing

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Baam

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-01-2012

I tried Spectator Mode a few times, and I have got to say that I LOVE it!

My problem is that even though I enable the option to show the chat, I can't see any of it, but I can hear the sounds when people type. Checked or unchecked, I cannot seem to figure out why I don't see the chat, which is a big part of the game in my opinion.

Recreated several times.

Aniline

05-01-2012

I was able to see chat (after turning on All Chat in the More Options) for the very first game I spectated.

But the game after that, I was not able to see chat at all. I was able to hear when people chatted as well, but was unable to see it.

The same with purchases being listed in chat. I wasn't able to see those either.

Side note, are we supposed to be able to see team chat, or just all chat. In the one game I was able to see chat, I only saw all chat.

Baam

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-01-2012

It was pretty vague, so maybe it's working just as it is intended.

Allirog

05-01-2012

Clear bug going on here.
First spectate game, chat enabled. Everything works dandy. I slide chat mostly off screen because it was in the way, how is often done at tournament feeds.

Then played a ranked game, chat window seemingly gone, I press "Z" in order to extend chat window, it is way under the visible screen so that I can see the top of it while holding "Z"(lost, can't win without team communication, sadly)

Then Spectate, 3rd time loading in. Game decides to load in 1024 x 768 fullscreen mode, I'm supposing this is the base game settings or something. I fix the resolution, but still no chat visible, holding Z doesn't even show the top anymore. Close out spectate move and game crashing. Bug splat doesn't come up so nothing to report.

So it seems like either something is wrong with mouse tracking or settings files or both.

As a side note, please make the program such that spectate mode and actual play mode draw from different settings files, That way we can change things around that make watching more convenient but which would not work for actual play.

Edit: P.P.S. Add a little button somewhere on the Spectate UI to enable/disable chat quickly, rather then allow players/casters to continue the pointless slide off and on screen method currently used.

Aniline

05-01-2012

Derp, found the issue I was having seeing with chat.

There's a little eye in the spectate UI that you can click to turn off/on various parts of the spectate UI. In that menu is one for chat.

Gotta check that menu item for chat.

Though, I remember checking it in the first game and somehow it got turned back off on the second game. >.<