Lux runes

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Garnet

05-01-2012

GD was pretty unhelpful so I'm coming here. :x

Lux was one of my first champions and I fell in love with her pretty quick. Lately however I've kind of pushed her away in favor of other champions. I'd like to get back into using her because she can be super rewarding and is also super fun to play. Now that I'm a high enough level to get a good amount of runes, I'm not sure what runes I should be using with her.

Are movement speed quints a good idea? They're super expensive and I don't want to spend my IP on them if they're not particularly useful. Magic pen or flat AP? I definitely know to get mana regen for her because her mana is poor.

Any help is appreciated!

Sokar468

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-01-2012

For any mage, always run magic pen for your marks. Ther really isn't any better alternative.

Mana regen seals are helpful. I like flat mp5 seals, taking 5 of them for exactly 2 extra mp5, then filling out the 4 remaining yellow slots with either MR, AP/level, or armor (depending on matchup or strength of enemy jungler ganks). That's my preference, other players may hate that setup, lol.

As for glyphs, AP per level is an option since Lux is a reasonably safe laner and shouldn't take too much harass to need MR. However, flat MR glyphs are always a decent choice depending on the enemy AP mid. Flat CDR is nice, but since they tweaked the way cooldown works on her Lucent Singularity, I find these unnecessary. Lux will get all the CDR she needs from items, blue buff (hopefully), and elixirs.

MS quints may seem tempting so Lux can better move in to autoattack and trigger her passive, but I don't think this is necessary. There are many situations where triggering your passive on an enemy is simply too risky, and I don't see an extra 4.5% MS removing this risk. Flat AP quints will provide extra damage for your spells, which means more effective zoning and better AoE minion farming (if the situation calls for it, you still want to last hit when you can).

Jurgrady

05-01-2012

I agree with the above poster.

I would like to add though, that MS quints are a good investment. Because you can use them on lots of different champs. So while they may not be optimal for everyone, they are still a good choice on most champions, meaning that for their price you'll get good use out of them with everyone. So while I agree that they aren't optimal, if you are in need of quints for an all around kind of page that you can use on multiple champs, they are a good choice.

BStein

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-01-2012

my personal rune page for almost every ap champ is
magic pen reds
mana reg/lvl yellows
magic res blues
movement speed quints