Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Spectator Mode QoL Changes

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Solari Brigadier

05-01-2012

Yes, Spectator Mode has just dropped right now, but I'm sure everyone has seen something they think could be done differently or better than it currently is. I was hoping we could consolidate these suggestions to one big megathread for Riot to see and respond to.

Let me start out with one of my own:

Quote:
Showing buffs/Oracles would be great for keeping track of these things even when they're not on screen. It's not really necessary, but it would make it easier to say "Okay, so mid lane got that blue" or, "Since Janna accidentally got the kill now she has red buff." Putting little red/blue/pink outlines around the champion's portrait would be a simple, efficient way of showing this, I think.

And then a great one I saw from Beichan in the Spectator Mode Bugs thread:

Quote:
it would be nice for it to be clearer who got dragon, I can't tell if a steal was successful or not as all I see is the gold amount displayed - making the text for the gold purple or blue might help. ... Also, the new settings don't seem to save from game to game - I have to turn on chat and turn off fog of war each time I open a new game.

Feel free to add your own!

Edit: More from me.

Quote:
Let spectators hotkey places on the map, or introduce some default locations that can be accessed using buttons like 6-0. By pressing 6, the camera immediately jumps to Baron pit. 7 could be Dragon, 8 and 9 blue buffs, etc. Letting spectators hotkey locations like this would help them jump around the map to key points of contention more efficiently.

Quote:
When directed camera follows a lane or even a duel, instead of having it locked onto one champ have it intelligently center between them, so the player can see both champions equally on screen instead of one in the center and the other in the upper right. When it focuses on Baron or Dragon attempts, do the same - I've already encountered instances where I couldn't see Baron's health bar with directed camera.

Quote:
I'd love for there to be a way to see that a champion is currently using his/her ult. Make the champ portrait flash, maybe, or glow, something to show the spectator "Hey, something's going on here."

Solari Brigadier

05-01-2012

Bump for more suggestions.

Solari Brigadier

05-01-2012

Added a couple more suggestions of my own.

Solari Brigadier

05-01-2012

Let's try another bump

Solari Brigadier

05-01-2012

Spectator mode's awesome but it's not perfect, let's get some more ideas in here.

Solari Brigadier

05-01-2012

Ok time for another bump for ideas or feedback on my ideas.

QuoBi

05-03-2012

The saddest, loneliest thread.