Official Spectator Bug Thread

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DragonPhoeniX

05-01-2012

have seen a Prospectors Blade show up in item build in Summoners Rift. also have had my computer freeze in spectator mode had to hard shut down PC after 10 min of nothing. meaning this mode is having stability issues.

PastrySandwich

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-01-2012

Freezes at load screen (3 times)

My client will crash at end game if a (known) friend is spectating me (twice)

CinemaShow74

05-01-2012

Got this in my last spectate. It took me 10 tries to get into a spectate game without crashing to bugsplat! at game start. Tried repairing, but no dice. I black outed names of players.

FeedeeG

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-01-2012

Well, I've been having a few troubles with the game since the last patch. I get a lot of lag, anf freeze, it's hard for me to play good enough to support my team and help winning the match. Also, in a few of the matches I played today, I've noticed that there were a lot of disconnect and reconect messages, and my game's window crashed a few time. That makes me wonder if someone else out there is having problems like me. Thanks for your attention and sorry for the grammatical mistakes

Terminix

05-01-2012

I don't know if this is a "bug" but every time I try to spectate a match it goes well for a minute of two then the connection goes to **** and boots me from the game, asks me to reconnect....rinse and repeat. It was quite frustrating trying to watch a friends game.

EDIT: and now I'm in a match where my mouse will not move across the top left 3/4 of the screen and the only direction it will manually move the viewing angle is north west.

Auricthunder

05-01-2012

One reproducible bug that I found:

Summary: Panning the camera while following a player prevents you from following that player again until you select another camera mode

Joined the game via spectating a friend

Step 1: Follow a player
Observation 1: Camera combo box shows the Player as selected
Step 2: Pan the camera by moving your mouse to the edge of the screen
Observation 2: Camera combo box starts to count down to returning to 'Directed Camera' mode
Observation 3: Camera combo box shows 'Directed Camera' as selected
Step 3: Click on the Camera combo box

Bug: The entry for the Player you selected in Step 1 is highlighted and clicking on it will not follow the player, even though you are in Directed Camera mode

Work-around: Select any other item on the list, then the Player you selected in Step 1 will be properly clickable

Cheers! From one software engineer to others, I can tell this took a lot of effort! Enjoy the task

AxlZ

05-01-2012

Another Borderless + minimized while loading = pops up and stays in the bottom right corner. Had to end game and reconnect while staying through the entire loading to get it to work.

Stompzor

05-01-2012

Unless all the AD Carries are running Faerie Charms to start now, and stacking 2-3 of them, I'm pretty sure the doran's blades are showing up wrong in the items during spectator mode. (In other words, dorans blades show up as faerie charms)

Jav E Cakez

05-01-2012

Vamp Scepter has been displaying as Boots of Speed. The Icon and item name are rank 1 boots. At least on my client.

Pyronaire

05-01-2012

Whenever I spectate a game, the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th players on the purple team side of the screen are all blacked out, and same goes for the scoreboard. Above the second players portrait there is a 1, above the 3rd there is a 0, above the 4th there is a 1, and right above where the 5th players portrait for team purple should be I see "img://_2ffa81b8". Also, when I go to the drop down menu to select a player that I would like to watch, the 5 blue team players and the 1st purple team player are all selectable and written "Correctly" (CharacterName(PlayerName))But the last 4 on the purple team look like this:
CharacterName(1) IMG:
1(0) IMG:
0(1) IMG:
0(img://_2ffa81b8) IMG:
But once the game ends and the overview pops up, everything seems to be displayed correctly.
Also noticed for the 4 portraits the ults and summoner spells are not displayed correctly to the right of the portraits.
Here is a picture from one of the 5 advertised games from the home screen.
EDIT: also noticed that when targeting one of the 4 the spell icon and current rank of the spell in the target frame is also blank, and is not visible in the picture.

Quote:
I've already figured out the problem. It's the fact that comma is set as one of the binds for a camera control. The Camera Mode dropdown box isn't programmed to handle it properly so when it displays "Champion (Summoner) [,]" the comma-separated string Riot seems to be using for putting GUI elements in the proper positions gets thrown off by one. This results in champion portraits being black and spell and summoner spell icons to all be thrown off by one position for all subsequent champions, along with a couple other side effects. For now, just rebind the key you currently have as comma and wait for Riot to fix it.
A simple reset of the keybinds and a reload fixed for me also, except mine were bound to 7,8,9,0,-.