Solution to the term " elo hell " and new players in ranked

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

innovator

05-01-2012

what do you think of expanding on the captain role as a solution,

Allow the captain or first pike on both teams to view the past games of maybe 7 randomly chosen players in the same style as tribunal, then they pick 4 out of them to create the team, under a time limit of course which is followed by champ select as normal.

This solves so many if not all of the problems, and will only add maybe a minute or two to a que, and im sure anyone will be ok waiting for this for their elos sake as well as for reduced if not eliminated problems.

This will not only keep trolls out of teems,
It will keep new players, or players doing poorly many tames in a row out of competitive players teams
This also prevents constant leavers from getting on a ranked team

The captain or first pick could be selected the same as normal with the influence of being picked for teams a lot making them a higher priority for captain

And for people needing their history to recover so they will be picked again, NOVIL CONCEPT, they are almost force to play normal que until their match history shows they are ready to be picked for team by a captain.

I feel this idea if impimented is bullet proof and the only arguement against it would be that it takes a minute more to get into que, and that argument is garbage because literally anyone i know would sacrifice any amount of time if it could do what a captain system will do for ranked games. Not to mention i watch streams of 2k elo people waiting 10 min for a game just to get trolled because 1 min was not taken to pick teams

If you want to even take this idea even further, youd add another minute or two after captains pick teams for a meeting room or locker room time period where the newly picked team can talk before champ select to make a plan or pick roles

And to even further push this past any of the minority or players that wouldnt want this system, their can be a secondary ranked mode option that shares the same elo for this system created, and the original system can be left there for them

Unless i'm missing something, shouldnt this just be the silver bullet to fix ranked solo que?

This also solves the issue of new players moving into ranked, because the expericed captain will be able to pick them if their history shows they may be ready, and not just play co-op vs ai to lvl 30

Old Uncle Eli

05-03-2012

I think this a fantastic idea, and I'm surprised there have been no replies yet. I know so many good players whose ELOs are garbage because of how broken the solo q is.

People say that ELO is determined by skill alone, but this is simply untrue. Once you get in ELO hell, it can be impossible to get out just because of all the bads that play at that level. In my original account, my ELO dropped pretty quickly after I started playing solo q (granted I wasn't a terrific player at the time), so I got in ELO hell where I eventually felt that I outclassed most of my competition, but every winning streak would end with an even longer streak of trolls/feeders/quitters and I just couldn't get my ELO out of the 600s. Then I started playing solo q in a different account and immediately rose to 1600 ELO, and I have yet to drop below the 1500 mark on that account, but I still can't get out of the 600s on my first account. I really like your captain idea, and I would gladly wait 20 minutes for a game if it assured fairness.

xAlex79

05-04-2012

Its a good idea, I do agree something has to be done. After investing all that money and time in my account I am not going to start a new one.

Beaker666420

05-04-2012

I agree that something needs to be done about trolling, but this sounds more like team stacking and what if the captain is the one that's trolling. I don't know, there are a lot of flaws with this idea. But I would love if there were a central headquarters where trolls meet so I could go there and murder them all and their families.

Xquirtle

05-04-2012

I honestly don't think this will solve any problem at all. The reason ELO hell exists is a gap in the average elo, and the starting elo, along with a huge influx of new low elo players. They naturally will fall to 500-600 elo, but unfortunately they will drag every single team they are on down with them. It is arguable that you will get a win due to this problem just as often as you have a newb on your team, but it doesn't change the fact that MOST players ARE dropping down from the starting elo, while very few are actually rising above it.

Phaux

05-06-2012

I like your idea. I don't even play ranked, because I'm afraid that as soon as I start, my elo will just drop like a rock. Having teams made of poeple who are even 40% less likely to be trolls would VERY MUCH be worth an extra minute or two. And a "locker room"??? YES PLEASE. Communication wins games, as EVERY SINGLE high elo player will tell you (watch vids).