Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Riot where is my alpha strike change?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Khourey

04-30-2012

As many of you know in the PBE Master Yi had a few changes, one that gave 100% rng removal on the first minion target on alpha strike and lowering the magic damage. I have no idea why riot didn't implement this, was there bugs? I cannot even conceive why this wouldn't go through. I was getting excited playing Master Yi as a counter jungler and hopefully see him in some competitive play. The only reason besides bugs they wouldn't put it in is for pub stomping but because it only applies to minions it doesn't effect pvp at all.

For those who were curious this is what it was supposed to be:

Quote:
--Old Alphastrike: Master Yi leaps across the battlefield striking up to 4 enemies, dealing 100/150/200/250/300 (+1) magic damage to each enemy with a 20/30/40/50/60% chance to deal 400 bonus magic damage to minions.
--New: Master Yi leaps across the battlefield striking up to 4 enemies, dealing 100/150/200/250/300 (+1) magic damage to every target. If the first target is a minion, it will be dealt 200/250/300/350/400 magic damage, and every additional minion target has a 20/30/40/50/60% chance to be dealt 200/250/300/350/400 .
Highlander slow immunity increased: from 6/9/12 seconds, to 8/10/12 seconds.
Meditate Mana Cost reduced: from 70/85/100/115/130, to 70/80/90/100/110.

Khourey

04-30-2012

Bump.

ScarletDeviI

05-01-2012

Riot doesnt like uber fast junglers to my knowledge, and this would make Yi one, also he beats most junglers in a duel and if he takes exhaust post 6 he can gank decently due to purely his huge damage output.

(Somewhat comparing what that would make him to Shyvana due to no CC)

Geomexis

Recruiter

05-01-2012

PBE patch notes aren't official and are merely for testing purposes only, changes may or may not be used in the official patch.

I don't get why people don't seem to understand that.

Minutemade

05-01-2012

Quote:
Geomexis:
PBE patch notes aren't official and are merely for testing purposes only, changes may or may not be used in the official patch.

I don't get why people don't seem to understand that.

They could've done something though, right now his alpha strikes heals minions if you don't get the bonus damage and you cast it after starting to hit it.

Neodar

05-01-2012

I thought this was riots way of making alpha strike more consecutive as well as fixing the above posters problem... This buff won't make yi a viable tournament pick. The alpha strike change was going to make that a possibility. fml...