Item Build Poppy

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Soiyeruda

08-13-2010

Got this really weird insult where I'm apparently a noob Poppy. Started like 2 days ago, but go a match up in a lane with Galio + Poppy (me) vs. Alistar + Vladimir.

Ended up pushing them to their tower, to the point where if I tried to kill a minion, Alistar would knock me up then send me backwards towards the tower. Survived the first time and the second time (by barely). Quit trying after the second time and was pretty much left underfarmed.

Galio decides to insult me and insists that I'm BR because "only a BR would be that dumb".

Later, I buy Sheen, to which he replies "noob, Sheen only stacks with AP and you need lots of AP for it to be effective." (at this point, I just assumed he wanted to troll for the sake of being a troll, since the effect on Sheen clearly states a bonus 80% physical damage.)
He immediately follows up with a "Lol buying Triforce wut a noob".

Start here if you want to skip the story

What's the standard item build for a Physical DPS Poppy? I tend to go:

Doran's Shield + HP Pot
Boots -> Lvl 2 boots
Sheen
Sheen -> Triforce

and then get future items based on the enemy team.

Should I get triforce later, or just completely forget it?

kurolito

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-13-2010

I usually go for AP Poppy, but if your going for ad, then finish triforce asap, unless you need some defense.
And don't mind when people smack talk about Poppy. Once I was called a noob for not going tank Poppy. I don't really see how's she a tank btw.

Soiyeruda

08-13-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurolito View Post
And don't mind when people smack talk about Poppy. Once I was called a noob for not going tank Poppy. I don't really see how's she a tank btw.
Passive makes her harder to kill, and she gets extra def from W. Obviously though, you can't take advantage of her really nice burst damage, so tank poppy doesn't sound that appealing anyways. She's just an Off-tank. :S

JustDavid

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-13-2010

That's the typical AD build that WORKS. Trinity is a must have for an AD poppy and do not let anyone tell you otherwise.

Btw for an AP poppy, you would want a lich bane and deathfire grasp.

Either way, you will always get sheen.

GhostDieM

08-13-2010

she's not really a tank, more of an anti-carry burster which just happen to be tough. I think Triforce is pretty much the standard Poppy item cause of her AP abilities and melee auto-attack. I always build her TRi-force, Madred's Bloodrazor, boots of your choice, (if the game drags on item depending on enemy team comp). Works for me and Sheen does wonders for your burst dam. Wouldn't recommend a DPS based Poppy though because you can't really take the punishment without stacking some armor like GA/Aegis/FoN

Soiyeruda

08-13-2010

k, so I can at least sleep soundly at night knowing that I was right all along. =x

Flaming Tampon

08-13-2010

Wouldn't it be better to just finish building the items instead of getting triforce? Lich Bane, Phantom Dancer, Frozen Mallet. I know it will take way longer to finish them, but on paper it looks good.

GhostDieM

08-13-2010

In my experience they take to long to build to really impact the game until in the later stage. If you're getting fed it probably will be better but it will really make your early to mid game easier when u go for Tri (which is where you need it imo).

Gushma

08-13-2010

On her starting item some people go with the Doran Shield. I have been finding better results with a Regrowth Pendant for the increased health regen rather then the extra health.

Just wondering what some other Poppy players are starting with for their inital 475g?

KhaoticImp

08-13-2010

I used to start with a Sapphire Crystal, then I bought MP regen per lvl Seals and usually go with Doran's Shield.
I have also tried going with a rejuv bead and saved the rest for sheen with mixed results. On one hand, it give me a jump start on Sheen, it builds into Starks, and gives a decent HP regen boost. However, thats also the problem...thats all it is. I cant be as aggressive as I would like to be and if its a heavy harass lane the rejuv bead isnt going to help at all.