Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

I Suck At Mages

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Human Tsunami

04-30-2012

ok well i have been playing lol since august of last year and i consider myself a decent player currently i can play any role including tank ad carry offtank ect. BUT for some reason i suck at mages i have no idea why i just can contribute to the team i die a lot i have no clue why im so bad as them any tips on how to play mages would be wonderful and appreciated

Human Tsunami

04-30-2012

i just noticed i put this in the wrong place -_-

Melvear

04-30-2012

As with most damage dealer in this game, it's pretty much all about positioning and knowing when to engage,

As a mage, you have the option to poke people with ranged abilities. You need to take into account the range of the champions on the other team though. It's all nice and well that you're trying to hurt them, but if there's a straight line between you and the enemy amumu, you're probably going to get initiated upon.

It's not always easy to know when to go in, and when to stay in too. I see people trying to run at times where they have no chance for survival, or running away from teammates because they haven't seen them on the map coming their way. Communication is key. Ping a target, tell your tank to initiate on that target and bring the pain asap after he jumps in.

last thing, learn to kite people. It'll save you a lot and sometimes even give you kills.

Human Tsunami

05-03-2012

kk ty for these tips srry for not responsing D: