Take a Gander at Me Latest Catch: Sales on Skins and Champions

First Riot Post
1234511 ... 18
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Spooky Gangplank

Captain of the Ruckus

04-30-2012
1 of 1 Riot Posts

Avast summoners! ‘Tis I, Spooky Gangplank, with a fresh boatload ‘o skins and champeens fer ye! After risin' from me watery grave, I've plied the briny deep in search of new plunder and sent many a scurvy dog ta Davy Jones's locker. I've picked up more than a few treasures to offset me losses and I'm willin' ta share me catch with you landlubbers at a discount.

Take a gander at these skins and champions me hearties, and tell me if they be what yer lookin' for…

• Trundle's stink could drop a gull at fifty paces, but there's no truer friend in a scrap. Even his drool comes in handy when swabbin' the decks. Pick him up fer just 487 RP.
  • Cho'Gath looks tough but he's really not so… all right, I wake up screamin' in me coffin at the very thought of him. Take him off me hands fer only 292 RP.
  • Kassadin comes with his own air supply… very handy fer scrapin' barnacles off the hull, and a bargain at 487 RP.

• Imperial Lux is in the mix as well. Oh aye, Gangplank has seen the future… and it wears a red beret. Grab it fer 487 RP
  • Lord Mordekaiser isn't much on the open waves – that axe'll send him straight to the bottom – but on the fields, I'd think twice before temptin' his wrath. 487 RP and I'm cuttin' me own throat with that price.
  • Northern Front Swain seems snug as a crow's nest on a clear day in his winter furs. The frozen wastes are too cold fer the likes of me – ectoplasm freezes somthin' awful – so I'll never be able ta ask him where he got that hat. Grab him fer 487 RP.

These be fair deals and true, though they cannot last long: from May 1 to May 4 only. Then I'm shippin' out and I'm takin' them all with me. Act now, me hearties… ole Spooky Gangplank won't steer ye wrong!

Dobz

04-30-2012

screw this, where is pulsefire ez

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-30-2012

6300 champion where?

BloatedOstrich23

04-30-2012

Swain skin, sweet...

C00LStoryJoe

04-30-2012

nice.. i dont care if trundles not 6300 too lazy to save up..

Carpè Diem

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-30-2012

Fair deals indeed.

Coreporeal

04-30-2012

I know you guys are gonna hate me for this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coreporeal
Both of Shyvana's skins, Boneclaw Shyvana and Ironscale Shyvana, have now been added to the (unofficial) Skin Sale Blacklist.
I will NOT hang for this, Riot!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Skin Sale Checklist (4/30/12 Post Update)
Originally Created by Shingo Monster.
Edited and Modified by Coreporeal.

PLEASE TAKE NOTICE:
This post has been created to inform potential skin buyers of the possibility of recently released skins that may be featured in an upcoming sale. Newly released skins may go on sale as early as three months after public release; however, this is all subject to change. With the exception of Limited-Edition and Legendary-status skins, every skin released before Nov. 15th has received a sale prior to the latest skin sale announcement, or has been placed in the "unofficial" skin sale Blacklist. The next sale may contain at least 1 skin from the list below.

■ Nov. 15: Temple Jax (975 RP), Atlantean Fizz (975 RP), Tundra Fizz (975 RP).
■ Nov. 29: Silverfang Akali (975 RP), Imperial Lux (975 RP), Thunder Lord Volibear (975 RP), Northern Storm Volibear (975 RP).
■ Dec. 05: Frost Queen Janna (975 RP), Hyena Warwick (975 RP).
■ Dec. 14: Dynasty Ahri (975 RP), Midnight Ahri (975 RP).
■ Dec. 29: Arctic Warfare Caitlyn (975 RP), Prototype Viktor (975 RP), Full Machine Viktor (975 RP).
■ Jan. 02: Sandstorm Katarina (975 RP), Superb Villain Veigar (975 RP).
■ Jan. 10: Dragonblade Talon (975 RP), Guqin Sona (975 RP), Jade Dragon Wukong (975 RP), Dragon Fist Lee Sin (975 RP).
■ Jan. 17: Sabertusk Sejuani (975 RP), Darkrider Sejuani (975 RP).
■ Feb. 01: Major Ziggs (975 RP), Mad Scientist Ziggs (975 RP), Scarlett Hammer Poppy (975 RP).

All skins not listed here have been placed on sale before, are currently on sale now or have just been announced to be going on sale in a couple of days. The only exceptions to these rules are either Limited-Edition or Legendary-status skins. "Blacklisted" skins are still eligible for skin sales.
With this in mind, it is advisable that you don't buy these skins unless you really want them NOW. (If that's the case, don't complain if you bought it and it happens to go on sale shortly afterwards).

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Riot's "Unofficial" Skin Sale Blacklist
Section created by Coreporeal
These are the only skins that have been absent from any sales since their introduction during Season 1. Skins to be considered to be "blacklisted" have been released to the public for more than six months, and as of yet have not been featured on a sale. The reason for this is, as of yet, unknown.
Listed from the oldest to the most recent.
■ Apr. 25th, 2011: Bilgerat Rumble (520 RP).
■ June 1st, 2011: Gothic Orianna (975 RP).
■ Aug. 1st, 2011: Full Metal Pantheon (975 RP).
■ Aug. 15th, 2011: Obsidian Malphite (975 RP).
■ Sept. 27th, 2011: Winged Hussar Xin Zhao (975 RP), Mad Scientist Singed (975 RP)*.
■ Oct. 19th, 2011: Hired Gun Graves (520 RP).
■ Nov. 1st, 2011: Boneclaw Shyvana (975 RP), Ironscale Shyvana (975 RP).

Skin(s) no longer Blacklisted due to the latest skin sale announcement(s): None. Please check back next skin sale announcement.

*Mad Scientist Singed was part of a skin bundle sale that was not met with enthusiasm by the community, due to various factors. As such, I have decided to keep the skin in the (unofficial) Skin Sale Blacklist, until it goes into an appropriate sale.

To view the skins you want before purchasing, along with other info, please visit the links below.

League of Legends Skin Viewer
A helpful site which allows the user to view the in-game models of any skin, courtesy of Michael Nighingale.
Wanna know how that new Teemo skin looks in-game? Click here.

How to get a Champ's skin (w/screenshots) by EmissaryShadow.
EncasedShadow (now a Riot employee) started this thread listing all champion skins, links to their in-game screenshots, and availability of the skins, as well as how they may be acquired. He currently keeps updating the thread via his alternate account, EmmisaryShadow.

Champion Rotation Info Thread by MistressHel.
Like a new skin... for a champion you've never played before? Wish you could test said champ before committing to a purchase? You could try it out when that champ gets placed in the free-week rotation.
Well, when will that happen, if it hasn't already? For that question, MistressHel's "Champion Rotation Info Thread" might have just the answer you seek. And if it doesn't, it may give you an idea as to when it might go into the free-week rotation.
Who knows? It couldn't hurt to look, now could it?

Champion Sales History and FAQ by Eat Orange Be K.
Skins are always nice, but they can't be bought without purchasing the champion first. But what happens when that Champion you want costs a little too much in IP? An option is to wait for its RP sale.
Eat Orange Be K has made a list of past Champion sales, as well as a general FAQ section that aims to answer questions and misconceptions that may arise during Champion sales.

Skin Sales Super-Thread by Coreporeal.
Have you ever looked at a skin sale and wondered, "Has my favorite champion skin ever gone on sale?"
Well, my Skin Sale Super-Thread may just answer that question, as it contains an extensive list of past skin sales, so you may formulate an idea as to when it may just go back on sale again.

Institute of War: The Chamber of Antiquity - (Lore Archives & Other Literary Works) by Sylph.
Sylph has put great effort into amassing a gargantuan mega-thread dedicated to any and all literal works pertaining to League of Legends; Champions, lore, judgements, and much, much more.
Please visit his thread and look around: The world of Runeterra awaits you!

Erichan

04-30-2012

nice, I may get the lux skin

Baron Vicious

04-30-2012

Viktor Skin Sale Please :-)

DrKered

04-30-2012

I love the new champion sponsored skin sales! bring a lot of life into the posts

1234511 ... 18