How do you build Volibear jungle?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Atolegit

04-30-2012

Usually go top with him and today tried him in the jungle for the first time. Is there anyway i should build him to increase his speed. Ganks are pretty good and all but i can't farm and got out leveled by the enemy jungler.
For my first run i got cloth 5, AS red, armor yellows, MR blues, and AD quints, i rushed philo and heart of gold, then worked on warmogs after, then Shurelya's. That's as far as i got. For skills i went E,W,Q the maxed W picking up my ult when i could.

Atolegit

04-30-2012

Bump

Atolegit

04-30-2012

Bump again, someone please respond. Does no one play Voli jungle?

ZodiacsClockwork

04-30-2012

noone plays him it depends on if your going full tank or aggresive

AFOM

04-30-2012

There's a very important item missing from your build:

Wriggle's. It will speed you up a huge amount.

I have several critiques for you:
First, those AD quints are useless. Get movespeed quints, because you're a ganking jungler. AS marks are best, though.
Second, open boots, unless you feel sure you're going to be invaded. If you do it right, you'll just barely proc your passive at the double golems, and then you can pop two pots and go back up to near-full HP.

My normal build looks like this:
Wriggles > Merc Treads > Warmogs > Wit's End > Randuin's Omen > Atma's/Frozen Mallet

Shurelya's is nice to have once you get to teamfights, because it keeps you from having to depend so heavily on Flash for the initiation. You can probably skip the Atma's and build your Reverie after / during the Warmogs. So something like... Wriggles > boots > Giant's Belt > Kindlegem > Shurelya's > finish Warmogs.

Black Zephyr

04-30-2012

I 'main' him in the jungle. I have AS blues, armor yellows, apen reds, and ad quints. I start cloth five, first back boots+however much of a wriggles you can get. finish wriggles, usually grab a wit's end, all the stats are great on him, you can also rush frozen mallet. i usually get atma's, but frozen heart can work well for armor as well. oh of course merc treads, except in special cases where theres no cc/ap. and then you can build maw or a full tank mr item. I usually completely destroy with him, good ganks, good dmg and survivability, and good utility with q and e combo. pop your ult in group fights, and always save your w til they're at the perfect health, which is the kill. you're only gonna get to use it once in a fight, so make it count.

JAMEZ BL0NDE

06-17-2012

ive been doing nothing but volibear jungle for like a month. he's an amazing jungler and a great character to have mia. his ganks are perhaps one of the best just because he runs in and flips the opponents towards allies or a turret.

----ABILITIES: -----
Max E first because while in jungle the fear reduces the hits taken along with providing a decent amount of damage to all enemies. during ganks the E is a great slow to use right after a Q toss so they cant run and your teammates eat the enemy.
Max W next because the extra attack speed in jungle is GREAT and the avives damage output is great. also on a gank if you run in flip the opponent and slow them you can get enough hits to use your W to do some major damage especially if their at low health
Order i get:
E-W-W-Q-W-R and it works Great but you cant really gank till lvl 4 when you get your Q however if your enemies over extend you can easily kill them early without it.

---- ITEMS---
Always start with cloth armor and 5 pots. youll build the cloth into a madrids razors later and into a wriggles after that. i suggest wriggles highly because the lifesteal it provides makes it so while in jungle you take little to no damage, along with giving you insane in jungle killing speed on minions plus that free ward every 3 minutes will keep you safe
usually on my first time back from the jungle im able to get those madrids razors and boots in order to improve my jungling and turn me into a better gank
next time back i grab wriggles
After youve gotten your wriggles and lvl 1 boots look at your enemies, if most of them are magic get merc treds. if most are physical: ninja tabi's
After that based on preference you can rush a warmogs or a frozen heart. because health makes your W more powerful but you also need some serious armor to make you a great tank. plus the frozen hearts cooldown reduction is great for using that Q more often to chase or run away (of course theres also force of nature in case you just need magic resistance)
Late game build i'd have wriggles, ninja tabis, warmogs, frozen heart, frozen mallet, and maybe a force ofnature for MR

JUGLE ORDER-
Start with blue buff so you can quickly wipe out the entire jungle, i suggest getting a leash but if you dont you'll still be fine. make sure to use a potion or two right after the first hit so it'll keep you near high health so you dont waste your passive till wayyyyy later. you can use smite on blue buff qnd itll be back by the time your finishing off red buff so feel free to use it.
order:
Blue-wolves-wraiths-red-golems-wraiths-wolves-wraiths-golems-back then do as you choose.

(be sure to start heading to the next camp preemptively even if it says they're not back yet because by the time you get there they'll be spawning and you'll have used your time effectively)