Unlock Galio or Anivia

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

YUNGKOREA

08-13-2010

Both are very intresting Champions imo. Since these two are both 6300, I need some people's experience on these Heroes. I really like the tank role and Galio's ult seems amazing if used right. But I've been eyeing Anivia for awhile now, and she seems very different and Fun.

Is Galio all that hyped?
Would Anivia be the better Choice?

(My first time buying a 6300 Champion :P)

Please Respond,
K thank you

peyo

08-13-2010

imo Anivia. I bought Galio and I feel I've wasted my points. He's neither a tank, nor a support, something in between...

Anivia is great, you just need to know how to play her.

ScorpioRage

08-13-2010

IMHO, spend 10 bucks, get one, buy a skin or two and spend your hard earned IP on Runes, you'll have your hero and you'll be doing better with them than if you have bad runes or even worse, no runes.

But if you're dead set spending IP to get them I'd say that if you like being support, get Galio. He is a Mage tank, most definatly. Warning, if you play 3v3 mostly, DON'T get Galio. Melee characters are more heavily oriented in 3v3 than in 5v5. And melee characters will rape your face, or make it to where you can't deal much damage. (Due to you not wanting to buy magic resist.)

So, if you play 5v5, or like a more dps/carry character, then get Anivia. I've never played as said bird but from what I've seen her played like she seems like a support/carry and because she is ranged it is better to have her for 5v5.

Dwarfling

08-13-2010

The real question is, why do you need a 6300 IP Champion?

Galio is an off-tank support type. If you're thinking Amumu about his ult, it's not. Think Nunu, except everyone inside is taunted and has shorter range. Works better after initiations, but you can initiate with it if whoever is outside can't interrupt you.

Anivia is a mage. Has good AP ratios, but is harder to play her right than say, Annie. She has no easy stun but has other tricks.

Klazzix

08-13-2010

They play similarly somehow, Galio's more on support and tanking, Anivia back row caster/snare/wall.

Volpes

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-13-2010

I have Anivia and she is incredibly fun. However, in my limited experience with Galio, he seems stronger right now.

Solaxee

08-13-2010

I'm sure Galio is going to be free next week, so you won't play him too much. ;p

Buy Anivia, she is very interesting to play, and her abilities are very tricky

The Swedish Chef

08-13-2010

Alright, I play Galio and Anivia, with Aniv being my main. They're both great champions, so it's going to depend on your choice of playstyle. If you like staying back more (though she does have to get up close for several of her skills), and enjoy nuking the hell out of things, go Anivia. If you like to play more Support/Initiator, then go with Galio. I can also assist with good builds/runes/mastery setups for both.

Liquid Bible

08-13-2010

I think Anivia is a more stable bet. Seeing as how Galio is a new champion he's bound for the nerf/buff roller coaster.

The Swedish Chef

08-13-2010

I dunno, personally I think Galio is pretty balanced. Like Anivia, he's a better early game champion due to his high early damage with Q and E, but he falls out a bit late game unless you're going hard AP and not Mag Res/AP.