Is jungling generally viable in blind pick?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SaveTheMaids

05-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xetal View Post
In the SR blind picks I play, I would say that 80-90% of the time we have a jungler on both teams.
It's probably because you're at a fairly high level.

Just watch, if you lose a bunch of games (let's say you decided to premade with some terrible players) you'll see teams with no jungler and like 4 squishies or something dumb.

Those games are pretty easy to win, but I can see where OP is coming from about jungling in those games.
If the top is someone like Garen, Wukong, Irelia, etc... I would say go for it.
But (for the love of god), if the top is Fiddlesticks and he's against Olaf and Xin Zhao in a 1v2 lane... do not jungle and just help him up top. Because he will just get dived then those two will snowball.

AMiCuBS

05-16-2012

My game history (yes i play solo SR Blind Pick, and yes I'm level 30) I seem to find that roughly 50-60% of the time there is at least 1 jungler, only about 20% of the time is there 2.

FaerellG

05-16-2012

Junglers in 90%+ of my blind pick SR games.
My Blind Pick Elo should be pretty high though, I'm at something around +70 wins over losses for blind pick.

I do remember the time when Junglers were less frequent, but that was all Pre-30.
But when I was pre-30, we were on a different set of masteries and the jungle wasn't so forgiving. It was impossible to jungle with all but a handful of champions, and you frequently needed a full set of Runes and near the full 30 points of masteries to pull it off.

PS: I think Jungling is the highest impact role in the game, which is why I've been focusing on it with my regular playgroup.
As a jungler you can be anywhere. You need to be flexible.
As a laning champion, you can only really focus on winning your lane, but as a jungler, you have to decide when to help your lanes get ahead and how much ahead. Jungling affects everything.

blackenedsummit

05-17-2012

I cant tell you how many q's ive hoped because we had no jugnle on blind pick. after having played for so long you tend to know what people are gonna play when they are on a smurf simply because they have very few options and they tend to go to the strongest/highest skill cap champs avalible.i play ap mid and if they have a jungler and we dont, im up **** creek. not having a jungler on any match is a good way to risk loosing the game. why? they dont have to worrie about being too agressive, they dont have to worrie about pushing as hard as they possibly can, they dont have to worrie about getting ganked at 1/3 hp when they have a lane sustain ( like pots or life steal) that will get them back up to full quickly.

not having a jungler takes so much pressure off the enemy team you might as well call it at champ select because usualy you loose those games. i loose far more often than not when i have no jungler and they tend to loose when they have no jungler.

this is even more ture below lvl 30.

ThorHammerz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaerellG View Post
Junglers in 90%+ of my blind pick SR games.
My Blind Pick Elo should be pretty high though, I'm at something around +70 wins over losses for blind pick.

I do remember the time when Junglers were less frequent, but that was all Pre-30.
But when I was pre-30, we were on a different set of masteries and the jungle wasn't so forgiving. It was impossible to jungle with all but a handful of champions, and you frequently needed a full set of Runes and near the full 30 points of masteries to pull it off.

PS: I think Jungling is the highest impact role in the game, which is why I've been focusing on it with my regular playgroup.
As a jungler you can be anywhere. You need to be flexible.
As a laning champion, you can only really focus on winning your lane, but as a jungler, you have to decide when to help your lanes get ahead and how much ahead. Jungling affects everything.
Pretty much this too for me. Except my W:L ratio is only about 1:1 (maybe negative 2-3 below 50%), but it is extremely rare for me to see anything other than the standard 2 junglers in every game (although granted, sometimes the junglers suck >_>)

Kise

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicodemous View Post
no detailed answer here, but the short version... Junglers can and do work very well in blinds and they are about (but not the norm, for sure). But the thing is, a person wanting to jungle should check during champ select to see if anyone is comfortable solo top (most of us know in blinds that this means a 2v1 match). Go from there... Also, one may say they are fine with it but later find that the two they are up against are simply too much for them to take alone, you should then realize that your team can't afford you as a jungler and start laning at that point
Best reply. Also, not every team comp calls for a jungler.

An Falchu

05-17-2012

anyone notice that after the last patches or so, with the exp-changes from minions and champ killz, that the 2v1 lane seems to stay much closer in level with each other? I used to see the solo jump up quickly by a level or 2 but recently, I'm watching my solo get facemelted be even or nearly-even duo-enemies.

nothing sux more than initiating the perfect gank in mid to watch my teammate join me LATE, lose the kill, then rush top to gank/support but some how he's at 1/2 health at lvl3 but the enemies have taken no harass, and when I leap in he focuses the OTHER champ... o-0, gets bursted down, then i get hamstrung and left to hold the tower while bot is raging at the noob jungler for not ganking bot, for letting top die, and for no killing mid... @_@

*sigh* so yeah... I see a lot of 2v1 games where I'm the only jungler. I have a 50/50 shot of getting competent teammates and a 50/50 shot at being raged at because I couldn't help everyone NOT fail their lanes because they were SO good at botching things up.

/rant off
TL;DR: TONS of my games have only me as the jungler. once in a while someone else pretends to jungle, but then I see them sitting in lane all game SMITING the tank-minions.

Madraac

05-17-2012

Key in any game at level 30 is champ composition, and jungle is part of that composition. The issue I see at times is that no one wants to play the "tank" role which is extremely important in team fights. When I jungle I use Skarner normally, but often play tank champs otherwise as they are so needed. It is worth finding a champ in each category you love playing so that you can fit to the teams needs / role, even in Normal Blind Pick.

Where I see the biggest increase in win potential is when the jungler is either a quick clear, like Skarner, or can be very tanky, like Amumu. The tank based jungles are near perfect in that they meet the goals of both having a jungler for extra XP and the need of tanks for 5v5's late game. Whereas the quick jungle clears, are more about the early ganks and lane control to set up the late game where your team has a 1 or 2 level advantage for most of the mid game that allows you to own / ace the other team to drop towers.

Regardless, jungling is good, and as long as you support the lanes, or help push them back then you are helping the team. Too many people do not realize that you do not gank mid when you are under their tower, unless you POSITIVELY KNOW that you can survive the tower dive. Trading the 1 for 1 kill is not ideal unless multiple teammates get gold / xp and it can lead to additional kills or a tower takedown. Even then, it is still touchy pending how well the champ is doing that you killed. (If they are up 7/0/0 and you get 1 kill on them, but they get you, they are still way ahead as you just added to their huge pile of gold.)

JxC

05-17-2012

from a junglers point of view, going against a team with no jungler is like heaven, quite literally. you just gotta make sure your toplane isnt a derp. no jungler = free farm creeps for you, blue denial for their mid, and your team really doesn't have to spend a ton warding.
usually i like duoing with a midlane when doing blind pick and that also helps tremendously if the opponents just so happens to have no jungler. taking into account that more than likely the two ppl toplane will be heavily overextended, you can head up there with your midlane after ganking or forcing mid to fall back (midlane usually wins anyways because he will have blue and opponent wont) you can double gank top and usually score at least a kill off it.

rekkless

05-17-2012

if you are any good the poor fool up top who is getting destroyed will lead to you getting crazy fed ganking top repeatedly