Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Is jungling generally viable in blind pick?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

2FLASHY

05-01-2012

Well, look at your team comp at the start of the match. Sometimes you can figure it out from there. But in general jungling is good practice for ranked aswell. If tops failing, it gives you the opportunity to practice jungling and controlling each lane at its critical, to bring the game back in to your favour. I learnt alot from jungling in SR blind pick. Even if the other side didnt have a jungler, i practiced taking there red and going for an early red buff gank. You know little things like that can get you ready for other games ahead. Just my 3.1415 cents

Nicodemous

05-01-2012

Quote:
Larson McMurphy:
Same here. This whole thread seems pointless.

I more or less only play blinds and I'd say I see junglers in maybe 25%, 40% of games tops... But stay inside your own little world and refuse to realize that others have different experience from you, that is a good look on ya'...

Aikimiller

05-01-2012

How often you see jungler does depend on your elo (normals do have a hidden elo, remember).

As a jungler- one of the important things to know is how to help your top lane.
give them buffs- you should be able to take the enemies buffs with impunity, so make sure they've got blue and/or red, if they're capable of utilizing it, this will additionly help with your ganking, because the enemy will be harassed harder. Gank, hard and often. yes, it's still a 2v2 gank, so not necessarily as favorable as it could be, but you should have the element of suprise on your side, which normally is enough, when combined with the level advantage. And once you've killed them, immediately go steal their buffs.

As a top laner, knowing how to deal with a 2v1 lane is a very useful thing. Philosopher's stone is your best friend, in these situations, as it Teleport.

OriginalJack

05-01-2012

Quote:
Xetal:
In the SR blind picks I play, I would say that 80-90% of the time we have a jungler on both teams.

Yeah I have the same experience.

Quote:
I more or less only play blinds and I'd say I see junglers in maybe 25%, 40% of games tops... But stay inside your own little world and refuse to realize that others have different experience from you, that is a good look on ya'...

I also play mostly blind pick and I am honestly surprised to hear you say that only have junglers 25% of the time. Are you below level 30? Jungling is a little questionable before level 30 because you don't have full runes/mastery pages but after that you should assume that top is going to be solo and there will be a jungler. Even in the 10%-20% of the time that the other team doesn't have a jungler the solo top should be prepared for a 2v1 situation and play carefully. Most of the normal solo tops can deal with last hitting under their tower unless they did something silly like try to take like i dunno Viktor solo top in a 2v1 situation vs like blitzcrank/vayne.

Tonked

05-01-2012

Quote:
Xetal:
In the SR blind picks I play, I would say that 80-90% of the time we have a jungler on both teams.

Myself as well. People always complain when we don't have a jungler. I'm not sure what SR blind picks you're playing lol.

gwydion1992

05-01-2012

I know this has been said but I find the best thing i to ask your team mates if someone is comfortable 2v1 top and if some one is then I jungle and it usually works out fine. Just try to pay attention to their lane alot and help when they need it.

Xetal

05-01-2012

Well, my understanding is that there is effectively a "hidden ELO" rating for your normal games in an attempt to match you against players that are similar to your own skill level.

Based off that, it makes a lot of sense that the meta changes a bit based on the skill level of the players playing. At some level, those following the meta have an enormous advantage over those who are going 2 random champs top, 2 random champs bot, and 1 random champ mid.

Akèköl

05-01-2012

My opion jungle is a good choice, just need to have a decent top that doesnt gives free kills, also there are not much heroes that can figth 2-1 early and win, so as jungler early ganks are great, in the main , and best jungler guides i have seen you have a gank in lvl 4-3 normally starting bot so you can 3 -1 normally the other enemy runs, and if stays die along, also a gank on a pushed top, is an easy gank cause you got a loong time to chase the enemy and a shor path to your tower.

mothergoose729

05-01-2012

In my experience, jungling is the easiest way to get the most wins in blind pick. If you are good at ganking, and you pick a champ that can clear camps fast, you are nearly gauranteed to get big and have a major impact on the game. I carry with udyr all the time in blink pick. Udry doesn't do much damage, but he is tanky, scales with items, and ganks well. In a ranked match udry should get about 5 kills a game, in blind pick I regularly get 10+ kills because I have no reason to worry about counter jungling, nobody wards, and I can get buffs on both sides of the map. I highly recommend it.

YerrowManatee

05-02-2012

Not sure how you guys don't have any junglers in your Blind Pick games...
All that I play is Normal Blind Pick, and there's almost always a jungler, and everyone seems to follow the meta quite nicely. Are you level 30 yet?

OT: Always jungle in Blinds. Even if top is 1v2, you steal their jungle and end up carrying hard.