Free to Play Heros

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

dedcat

08-13-2010

Hey I noticed that some the heroes that start off as available are "free to play" rather than "unlocked", I was wondering if the heroes that are free to play ever change, because otherwise i don't see a point in unlocking them.

Randomyzed

08-13-2010

They do change the timeframe they change in is not set in stone it revolves a lot around the times Riot patches LoL but if you like one of the current free heroes there IS a point in unlocking them

TildeMerand

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-13-2010

The ten free champs are rotated weekly.

You can check out each new champion rotation here.

dedcat

08-14-2010

ok thanks guys, the idea of rotating champions seems like a good idea to me, that way you don't have to waste all your ip just to get a hero you don't like. sort of gives an opportunity to try before you buy, while unlocking heroes will give you the advantage of playing as heroes that aren't seen as frequently an advantage that i think is lessened by the experience or your opponents.

Galactic Pie

08-14-2010

@dedcat, thats the exact reason they do it... lol i tried morgana and then bought her cuz she is fun XD

dedcat

08-16-2010

i was wondering about this, when exactly does the week end? like for example are the free heroes changed every week on a specific day of the week or something.

King of Nihility

08-16-2010

@dedcat, They don't do it on a fixed day, usually they rotate along with the new patch (new champion), however, I do believe when I just started, they change the champions every week around wednesday (just my opinion, maybe it's my illusion)

Riptja Hedow

02-14-2011

Ok.Now,this post might seem insignificant to most players,but it isn't for me.I got blitzcrank for over 2 years now and you guys are putting him in rotation every second week....it's annoying to have your hero(main hero) picked in each game,and most annoying part is when they fail with it...I know that you are trying to keep game interesting by adding new ones,and swapping free-to-play-heroes,but c'mon.You can't put blitz to be free twice in a month!

Panzerfaust

Emissary of the League

02-14-2011

I believe it is usually Monday or Tuesday, sometimes Wednesdays.