AD Carry Items: Frozen Mallet vs Banshee's Veil

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TehSkrunch

05-04-2012

So, i play alot of AD Carries, Kog'Maw atm, but i get confused about what HP item to buy, on their own without any HP items, i find them too squishy. Its my opinion that a Frozen Mallet is the better item due to the 700hp boost, and the slow, which makes sticking to targets easier. My friend though, seems to think that a banshee's veil is the better item because of the sheild. Just wondering what the general thought is.

Thanks

#TehSkrunch

Everspace

05-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TehSkrunch View Post
So, i play alot of AD Carries, Kog'Maw atm, but i get confused about what HP item to buy, on their own without any HP items, i find them too squishy. Its my opinion that a Frozen Mallet is the better item due to the 700hp boost, and the slow, which makes sticking to targets easier. My friend though, seems to think that a banshee's veil is the better item because of the sheild. Just wondering what the general thought is.

Thanks

#TehSkrunch
Resists are usually much better than going out for a "flat" HP item.

FM is better against teams you can kite, especially as kog abusing your W range.

Banshee's or QSS is very good at saving your ass if you happen to be targeted often by CC and promptly gimped.

Depends on enemy comp, like any item.

ßeerPongChamp

05-04-2012

Banshee is far superior item. why?

If the game is on even ground and pushing 30 min mark you should be pretty well built on your offensive items. that defensive item..

At this point in the game if the teams are coordinated and skill you'll be engaging in team fights. in team fights the BV is gonna soak up one of those blows the AP and AD carries are trying to toss at you. That spell shield is beast and is much much more worthwhile than an extra 700 hp.

frozen mallet is good for chasing people down yeah. but try and think more along the lines of how the battles are gonna go down. everyone is grouped and poking at eachother until someone makes a move and then both teams commit and are beastin all their moves out til someone is victorious. that 40% slow isn't as helpful in that situation, which can be game ending, as a BV with good hp and resist plus a spellshield.

That's just my opinion. I wouldn't get frozen mallet unless I was snowballin outta control and wanted to treat their team for the lulz.

Nitebane

05-04-2012

Mallet unless you really need the MR. On a team of 5, someone is gonna have a spell to waste to pop your bubble easily. Plus, you're the ad carry. Damage, health and slowing enemies trying to get away? Yes, you want that. A pure defensive item? Not so much.

Andarel

05-04-2012

Assuming you're not getting immediately focused, the most dangerous damage that will hit you is AoE splash damage from mages. If you are getting focused, the most dangerous thing is getting immediately CC'ed and killed. Banshee's veil stops both of those problems well.

Hiroshi Yuki

05-04-2012

I think it depends heavily on the enemy team. For example, if the enemy team has a Blitzcrank, screw the Mallet, pick up the Veil. However, I tend not to run Frozen Mallet on many AD Carry champions anyway. Much rather prefer something like Guardian Angel.

SavageWolves

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-04-2012

Guardian Angel and Quicksilver Sash are both clutch defensive items for an AD carry late in the game. The active on QSS really saves you if the enemy brusiers just dive you and chain cc you, as the AD carry.

Everspace

05-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ßeerPongChamp View Post
everyone is grouped and poking at eachother until someone makes a move and then both teams commit and are beastin all their moves out til someone is victorious. that 40% slow isn't as helpful in that situation
Ashe is strong because she can maintain distance from the enemy, and punish approaches. Kog ends up being able to punish approaches much easier due to his very long range. If someone commits, you end up dealing a wack ton of damage and delay enemy initiation with a frozen mallet.

QSS can end up eating "more" CC if you choose when to breakout of it. It can also stop some of the more unique things that normal cleanse wouldn't be able to. QSS ends up having more MR which could be better or worse depending on your other items.

BV has the advantage of extra mana for Kog (which is desireable), but the shield can be poked out by non-important spell effects.