Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Would you like having the option of playing a casual game?

No, thats the stupidest thing I've heard in my life! 4 30.77%
Yes, I've been secretly wanting this ever since I started playing! 6 46.15%
Ehh, I don't really care...It would be kind of cool I guess. 3 23.08%
Voters 13 .

[suggestion] option to play a casual or serious game

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

bigwolf97

04-29-2012

It would be great if there was the ability to choose if you want to play a casual or serious game. In a casual game the "LeaverBuster" would be turned off. There are sometimes when I want to play a game but know I might be interupted and have to leave for five or so minutes, with this feature I could still do that without having my account suspended. I think this is a pretty obvious feature and am kind of suprised that its not available right now. As a side note, this would obviously only apply during normal play, not competive or ranked.

Please reply and vote in the poll above if you like (or dont like) this idea!

Thanks,
Bigwolf

UPDATE: @Deeve pointed out that this would make more sense if there were harsher consequense for leavers and afk(ers?) in serious games and I completely agree. So add that to the overall idea

That Other Guy

04-29-2012

casual game = custom game or Co-op Vs. AI
serious game = normal/ranked

Leaverbuster already ignores custom games, not sure about bot matches but it should IMO now that leaving a bot match means a bot goes afk.

bigwolf97

04-29-2012

@00011011S Yes I know, but in a custom game there isn't matchmaking, your forced to invite people which, if you short on time, isn't ideal.

Bees

04-29-2012

yes, I would support this accompanied with harsher penalties for those who leave normal and ranked games. So many times people join games where they KNOW they probably wont be able to play.

bigwolf97

04-29-2012

@Deeve Exactly! This would make the game better for people who only want to play serious games too. The only negative I can see is that matchmaking might take slightly longer but as the overall game experience will be much improved I don't think it really matters. Plus, matchmaking already takes less then 30 sec, so another 10 or 20 seconds is going to hurt anyone.

That Other Guy

04-29-2012

Quote:
bigwolf97:
@00011011S Yes I know, but in a custom game there isn't matchmaking, your forced to invite people which, if you short on time, isn't ideal.

If waiting an extra minute or 2 is going to kill it then you clearly don't have enough time to play anyway.

bigwolf97

04-29-2012

@00011011S That wasn't really what I meant...Anyway, when you have to invite people you ussaully end up with people who arent near your skill level and your forced to deal whit the spammy chat rooms.

xAlex79

04-29-2012

Anything other than a Ranked game is casual.

If you don't have time and want to leave your games, queue a normal or do a custom one.

That Other Guy

04-30-2012

If you're trying to play a casual game then what does it matter if the game is matchmade or not? Besides even in normal games landslides one way or the other are quite common.

bigwolf97

04-30-2012

Quote:
xAlex79:
Anything other than a Ranked game is casual.

If you don't have time and want to leave your games, queue a normal or do a custom one.

I don't think anyone ever wants to leave their games...The point is that sometimes people join games when they know they might be interrupted and have to go afk for a few minutes. This would make the game experience better for people who want to play a game without stoping (less afk-ers) and people who want to be able to go afk without having their account suspended.