Purple team has a natural disadvantage

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

High0nP0tenuse

11-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic Nova View Post
I believe that LoL should have an option to adjust the static camera angle to accommodate your needs. Such as switching the view 180 so, even when on purple team, it'd be like looking from the perspective of blue team.
agreed

Hathel Ithilidin

11-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ┼zure View Post
It's a huge deal to new players, but I assure you, it gets far easier to the point you won't notice the swap after a couple hundred games. And then you can complain about how blue bot lane gets to do the double golems and get to lane with extra experience like the rest of us.

You know... Something you can't compensate for with time and practice.

Also unlock the camera you're shooting yourself in the foot.
You're absolutely right. Just play with the damn camera unlocked.

Necroing

03-07-2013

Purple team is pure garbage. It's 2013 and Riot can't fix the camera view to make it look the same as blue side which is really sad. I never play Aram's or blind pick because of being on the purple side. I play with an unlocked camera however it's just plain nonsense where I can't see that far ahead on my skillshots. If I end up landing on purple I always pick support. In draft pick I'll que dodge second pick most of the time and in proving grounds I always go team 1. I played Ranked in Brazil making it to gold however I stopped because of this new league system and the fact that que dodges means league point loss. However according to this new update 03/07/2013 if you don't pick a champion, everyone gets kicked out of que and it doesn't count as que dodging. This will make me play ranked and stick to first pick(blue side).

Death to Aliens

05-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ┼zure View Post
It's a huge deal to new players, but I assure you, it gets far easier to the point you won't notice the swap after a couple hundred games. And then you can complain about how blue bot lane gets to do the double golems and get to lane with extra experience like the rest of us.

You know... Something you can't compensate for with time and practice.

Also unlock the camera you're shooting yourself in the foot.
I play with my camera unlocked, this isn't a matter of locked or not, it's the simple fact that you don't have the same range looking Southwest as you do looking Northeast. The easiest way to fix this would be allowing you to zoom out another 15% or so. No camera flipping, just a simple compensation when you have the misfortune of playing as purple.

ForPortal

05-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by McFatz View Post
Maybe this small tip will help: don't lock the camera. You can't look at allies as easily, or see far away enemy health (deciding to chase / engage or run). Locked camera is for like afk-farming under tower. And even then, only maybe.
I don't want to play with the unlocked camera. I like having the camera automatically follow my champion, for the same reason I like it when a 3rd person shooter has an over-shoulder camera instead of forcing me to manually follow my character with the camera. This is, after all, a game about controlling a single Player Character and not an army like its RTS roots. What I don't like is that the interface is optimised for Blue and Blue alone, and that Purple gets screwed. Even just centering the screen on the champion's feet instead of their head would make it a lot closer to being fair (reducing the discrepancy from 50% to 20%).

SlamHannigan

05-10-2013

Along with a lot of other players, I've never experienced a game-breaking disadvantage as Purple Team, even with the camera locked. I'm not sure where the idea that this is an issue comes from.

Sorderon

05-10-2013

again....and again....AND AGAIN...

it's NOT ABOUT telling people to learn to play w/ the camera unlocked...

it's about SIMPLY providing the option to re-lock your champion higher on the screen when you're on purple side so you can see further below you....

players who like to play unlocked....NOTHING has changed...

players who like playing w/ it locked....problem SOLVED.

no need to re-adjust where HUD is...no need to flip everything 180 and run into problems with people seeing different things...

no problems with zooming out advantages...

JUST the ability to provide the same viewable area whether you're top OR bottom..

kthxbai.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=3416001

Arcteares

05-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic Nova View Post
I believe that LoL should have an option to adjust the static camera angle to accommodate your needs. Such as switching the view 180 so, even when on purple team, it'd be like looking from the perspective of blue team.
Best idea I've heard so far.

Arcteares

05-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlamHannigan View Post
Along with a lot of other players, I've never experienced a game-breaking disadvantage as Purple Team, even with the camera locked. I'm not sure where the idea that this is an issue comes from.
Congrats. But there's plenty of people here who have already said where 'the idea that this is an issue comes from'.

a pee stain

09-07-2013

flip cam 180 and solves everything