Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Purple team has a natural disadvantage

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ferowen

04-29-2012

Ok, I don't know if anyone else has noticed this, but I have, and I think it's a huge problem. I first noticed in playing Lux in mid lane, where her E as a harass is vital to a sucessful lane. Also being a player who doesn't play on free camera, I play on locked where the camera follows my champion directly, without me having to move it. I feel like this makes it easier to play.

Now, I noticed a problem of how when you're on the purple team in mid lane, trying to place Lux's E (or any other long ranged abilities), I couldn't see the full range of my ability range. Now, staying far back from danger while still harassing is vital, but it seems with this camera disadvantage, I tended to lose 75% of my games playing on the purple team as Lux.

Of course, trying this on the blue team, you can see her full range, no problem, it's much easier to do. Some people might not see this as a big deal, but actually, it's a HUGE disadvantage. It made the difference between the enemy blue Lux player and myself, and she won the lane much easier.

I feel like this problem probably stems from the HUD blocking more on the bottom left half of the screen, while not much at all on the upper right hand screen, giving the blue team a better view, and a much easier game to play.

Now, I feel like this is an issue that NEEDS to be fixed.

I think the best way to go about fixing this is to either have the ability to hide certain boxes in the in-game HUD such as the stats in the lower left hand corner, or to be able to unlock the position of all of your HUD boxes, and move them around your screen as you please, so you can adjust accordingly to how you need to see.

Has anyone else seen this problem, and could it be fixed?

DarkÇide

04-29-2012

Yeah there are numerous threads about the issues you're talking about.

The most recent and active thread on it is http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2019392 and Boourns (Riot staff) has been kind enough to engage the sometimes hostile community on this issue in the hopes of finding a solution or solutions to what I've been calling "The Plight of the Purple".

Graiskye

04-29-2012

Dont you think though, that if Purple really did have an actual disadvantage that it would show up in the numbers, as in blue would win a lot more games, and I am pretty sure this is not the case,
Issue has been beat to death though, even I made a thread about it way long ago.
Ahh the plight of the juniors.
Once you learn to unlock the camera, it gets a lot better.

NegaStoat

04-30-2012

Quote:
Graiskye:
Dont you think though, that if Purple really did have an actual disadvantage that it would show up in the numbers, as in blue would win a lot more games, and I am pretty sure this is not the case,
Issue has been beat to death though, even I made a thread about it way long ago.
Ahh the plight of the juniors.
Once you learn to unlock the camera, it gets a lot better.

You appear to be ignorant of the issue. It's not a matter of a locked / unlocked camera, it's a matter of the static camera angle and the problem it causes.

Here. Educate yourself.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1239123

Sonic Nova

04-30-2012

I believe that LoL should have an option to adjust the static camera angle to accommodate your needs. Such as switching the view 180 so, even when on purple team, it'd be like looking from the perspective of blue team.

TheFineOfficial

05-28-2012

YES SOMEONE WHO FEELS MY PAIN XD
well cause i normally go mid or support in mid and yes it is an issue as i play on the locked camera and playing support at bot is a bit of an issue....to me there's reduced vision

TheFineOfficial

05-28-2012

i mean support in ranked.....awks

KSTEEL

05-29-2012

switch the camera around as if you were on blues team Am I Rite?

infinite azure

05-30-2012

It's a huge deal to new players, but I assure you, it gets far easier to the point you won't notice the swap after a couple hundred games. And then you can complain about how blue bot lane gets to do the double golems and get to lane with extra experience like the rest of us.

You know... Something you can't compensate for with time and practice.

Also unlock the camera you're shooting yourself in the foot.

Hillsong United

05-30-2012

Maybe this small tip will help: don't lock the camera. You can't look at allies as easily, or see far away enemy health (deciding to chase / engage or run). Locked camera is for like afk-farming under tower. And even then, only maybe.

-mcfatz