Why do people say theres an elo hell?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

District Lord

04-21-2012

You have the same chances of getting a bad team as anyone else. If you're half decent you'll be bronze.

Pill Popper

04-22-2012

The funny part is that you aren't even ranked :X

trbosek

04-22-2012

Because your brain is to small to understand some things...it isn't all black and white u have milion of noobs then 1 more milion of leaver's and last but not worst troller's when u start playing ranked game u will see will u get even that bronze...i have 132w and 114 L and my rating is 1153 because of this stupid system of rating 1 more thing which shoudn't worry u

Vashjir

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-22-2012

If you're questioning the existence of ELO hell, chances are you have no idea how bad you actually are at this game.

FiascoReborn

04-23-2012

Honestly, I don't believe in ELO hell. Seeing as my scrubbiness was able to pull out of 900 last season to 1400, i think anyone can do it. I was realllly bad when i started ranked, and got better. Simple as that.
Edit: oh, and more proof I got better, im now1500+ and i never dipped below 1250 this season.

Fluffyknowsyou

04-23-2012

Winning this game is all about attitude. If you go in pissed off, chances are you'll be a worthless piece of **** on your team. If you go in thinking I've got just as good a chance as everyone else, chances are you'll at least enjoy the game even if you lose.

TheDarkofLight

04-23-2012

ELO hell does exist. The baddies that get boosted by their friends or play champions they've never played before in ranked hover around the 1300 to 1200 range. Once you get out of that, USUALLY you will get players who are on your level. But noobs will always worm their way into all ELOs

AZbeast

04-23-2012

ELO hell is real simply because this game uses a system created to rank a SINGLE persons performance and they use it for a team?? Im steady trying to carry myself out of the elo hell i got dragged into. The real problem is i cant always mid, if i could i would be out of the garbage elo i am in right now. But even when i do get mid some player has to go off and feeds 5 kills in 15mins (which i can normaly offset by out CSing everyone) and an AD range that builds phantom dancer first. Sooo the carrying doesnt always work, unless ur kennen then farm, ult enemy team, die, rense and repeat for victory.

Amaltron

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RENEKTONDISTRICT View Post
You have the same chances of getting a bad team as anyone else. If you're half decent you'll be bronze.
Pretty much true.

ChunkyBarf

04-23-2012

Season 1 I was 980 elo at my lowest. I literally carried myself out by winning 13 games in a row and eventually ended up at bronze. I am now at 1500 elo. I believe the game does involve some luck with matchmaking, but you have to be able to play several roles and not be a ***** to stay out of "hell"