LoLMatches - A JabeBot Replacement!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Taenaryn

05-22-2012

Edit: NVM, apparently it was a LoL patch, they have a "we are working to correct the problem" notice.

MoonStomp

05-23-2012

Awesome app! 1080 elo ill take it!

nyttyn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-24-2012

oh my god have all my babies.

Xavderion

05-24-2012

I have a question, is the normal elo real or just an estimation which takes the w/l ratio into account? I'm asking this because the best guy is at ~2500 normal elo and I've expected much more because of the elo inflation. Normal elo hasn't been resetted for about 2,5 years so the best guy should have much more elo or is there a flaw in my thought process?

Basoosh

05-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xavderion View Post
I have a question, is the normal elo real or just an estimation which takes the w/l ratio into account? I'm asking this because the best guy is at ~2500 normal elo and I've expected much more because of the elo inflation. Normal elo hasn't been resetted for about 2,5 years so the best guy should have much more elo or is there a flaw in my thought process?
The values on lolmatches are coming from the Riot server and are not an estimation. The values are grabbed by essentially packet-sniffing during the champion select lobby before a game starts. The Elo values of yourself and everyone else in the lobby are available at this time. So if lolmatches has Elo data on you, you are either running the lolmatches client yourself, or you've been paired up with someone else that is running it at some point.

Why would there be Elo inflation in normals?

DiscworldDeath

05-24-2012

There is an Elo inflation, it's caused by new people playing, losing to people, and never playing again. If enough people keep doing it, then there's a level where active players gain more Elo than active players lose, and it slowly creeps up the ladder.

It's subtle. And of course, to counter you have both high Elo players quitting, and Elo decay if someone over a threshold hadn't played in 14 days. Only Riot can tell for sure what's going on with this.

DiscworldDeath

05-29-2012

Up we go.

BTW, you guys might be interested to hit the Champions tab and look at Darius compared to other champions. While the k/d is higher than most bruisers, the ka/d ratio really isn't. This holds for all game modes.

And yes, data can be misleading, so it's more of an interesting point.

Edit: He'd gone somewhat up on the ka/d ratio over the last 12 hours, on Dominion.

Gabrola

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscworldDeath View Post
Up we go.

BTW, you guys might be interested to hit the Champions tab and look at Darius compared to other champions. While the k/d is higher than most bruisers, the ka/d ratio really isn't. This holds for all game modes.

And yes, data can be misleading, so it's more of an interesting point.

Edit: He'd gone somewhat up on the ka/d ratio over the last 12 hours, on Dominion.
I'm pretty sure Morello is already getting his nerf hammer ready.

Volandum

05-30-2012

Wow that win rate on Taric, beating out Jax.

DiscworldDeath

05-30-2012

The lower the number of plays a champion has, the larger the grain of salt I take it with. Like, if a champion has an abnormally high win rate and about 40 matches, I take it it was mostly used by two people who master said champion