LoLMatches - A JabeBot Replacement!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gabrola

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-08-2012

Just launched the forums and search is now much more accessible.

DiscworldDeath

05-09-2012

Search looks good now!

Registered

Gabrola

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-10-2012

Bump!

GrignardTS

05-10-2012

The more I use this, the more I love it.

Its so easy to go over all your matches, see ELO, look at minions slain, KDA, and really reflect on how you did.

brainlizard

05-10-2012

Yeah, a really nice site, guys! thanks a ton!

Hawkwìng

05-10-2012

OOOOOMMMMMMGGGG love lolmatches even more.

played against horrible player last game, he basically caused his team to get 3-4 capped the ENTIRE GAME.

See the same champ in next game Q.

go check lolmatches match history, see that yes, it is the same player playing the same champ.

dodge time.

Best.

Tool.

For farming elo.

Ever.

Saintshing

05-10-2012

bump

Ahhhh Crap

05-10-2012

something a little interesting-

I dont have lolmatches, but its got me on there from one game it grabbed-

at that time-spot Ive got 352 wins 371 losses and a 1006 elo

its 5 days later, ive been on a short work schedule and been playing probably way too much, as I currently have 393 wins found on my lolclient profile.
so if I'm a sub 50% win player and Ive got 40 wins up since I got seen by a lolmatches client- that means its aproximatley 80~90 games off? Now in theory higher elo players will more predominantly have lolmatches due to smaller sample size and more interest amongst those types for elo numbers. But still- 90 games off i'm guessing is fairly big gap in data? Especially for the majority of the userbase which is us lower end elo players.

How significant can your elo jump from game to game? we could postulate a random sample of error that way.

and before you yell at me- I tried downloading client and its not willing to run. I have a glitchy SP2 install of windows xp and I'm guessing there's a conflict somewhere in there as I got a microsoft framework error.

inFe eD

05-10-2012

Your elo isn't going to fluctuate by much once you've hit your proper bracket, unless you play significantly better/worse all of a sudden, for whatever reason. The amount of games it takes to reach your proper elo varies, since there is a moderately strong luck factor, but after hundreds of games you're almost 100% certain to be within 100-200 elo of your true skill level. I've never felt "cheated" by any ranking system for the games I've played: when I played badly because I was bored of Dominion in general, I fell to 1600. When I found new things to try out which sparked my interest again, I climbed back up.

Ahhhh Crap

05-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by inFe eD View Post
Your elo isn't going to fluctuate by much once you've hit your proper bracket, unless you play significantly better/worse all of a sudden, for whatever reason. The amount of games it takes to reach your proper elo varies, since there is a moderately strong luck factor, but after hundreds of games you're almost 100% certain to be within 100-200 elo of your true skill level. I've never felt "cheated" by any ranking system for the games I've played: when I played badly because I was bored of Dominion in general, I fell to 1600. When I found new things to try out which sparked my interest again, I climbed back up.
well, sample is off by a 90 count, and 90games spread over a rough total of 400 is 25% off. Thats assuming I stayed at my theoretical 'natural elo' (dunno what that is, your concept more than mine.)

But say Ive won majority of those instead 50 games (I dont know my current total, if there's a way to find it outside of lolmatch please inform) That could be a decent little elo jump, and with the brackets seperated by 100 points give or take, curious how far I could jump in that span.

And as you said, often times I'm doing bad its because I'm bored with the game and I'll have a downward trend. Othertimes I'm more interested and climbing up. We have a potential 90 game window of either extreme so going to be probably impactful overall.

Dont get me wrong, I dont care a fit about my elo, I just like messing with numbers and sample sizes so this got me curious.