Do you agree with these changes?

Yes 79 85.87%
No 13 14.13%
Voters: 92. You may not vote on this poll

Late Game Renekton Buff Ideas

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CynicalGiant

04-28-2012

Renekton is really only viable in the top lane and really only good in the Early game, unless srsly fed. His old passive feels like its not even there half the time. His ultimate barely even gives you any Fury, so I decided to change that.

Renekton is a champion that relies heavily on his enraged skills. His normal skills deal a small amount of damage, but his enraged skills are not to be messed with. Even when being aggressive and constantly on enemies Renekton will barely have enough fury for 2, ans possibly not even enough for 1, enraged ability. This new passive gives him more fury the less health he has and the more damage he takes. Makes him better in team fights, 1v1 and even a potentially decent Jungler.

Taking some ideas from Tryndamere, Renekton now gains 50/75/100 fury upon activation of his Ultimate. He also gains a better version of his old passive, where he gains an increase of fury from all sources just for being the ultimate. The increase in Fury Per Second is mainly due to the old ultimate only giving you 75 fury (only enough for 1 enraged skill) after the whole duration, whereas this one will give you 150(enough for 3 enraged skills). Most of the time when I pop my ultimate its to save me from ganks, or help me win a fight that im barely winning/losing. The health is nice but it really doesn't help that you still have little to no fury for attacks. This changes that. Popping it allows you to pull off your Q for a quick health gain, reduce their armor with your E or stun them with your W.

Lastly, Renekton's Stun is nice and all but honestly I don't want to be standing there unable to do anything for about 75% of the stun duration. It really hurts you and has actually caused me to die a few times.

Passive: (Innate)
- Renekton gains 2% more fury from all sources for each 1% of health missing

Ult: (R)
- Renekton gains 50/75/100 Fury upon activation
- Renekton generates 10 fury per second for 15 seconds

Ruthless Predator: (W)
- Renekton is no longer snared/suppressed when stunning.

CannabisCorpse

04-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadioAaron View Post
Renekton is really only viable in the top lane and really only good in the Early game, unless srsly fed. His old passive feels like its not even there half the time. His ultimate barely even gives you any Fury, so I decided to change that.

Renekton is a champion that relies heavily on his enraged skills. His normal skills deal a small amount of damage, but his enraged skills are not to be messed with. Even when being aggressive and constantly on enemies Renekton will barely have enough fury for 2, ans possibly not even enough for 1, enraged ability. This new passive gives him more fury the less health he has and the more damage he takes. Makes him better in team fights, 1v1 and even a potentially decent Jungler.

Taking some ideas from Tryndamere, Renekton now gains 50/75/100 fury upon activation of his Ultimate. He also gains a better version of his old passive, where he gains an increase of fury from all sources just for being the ultimate. The increase in Fury Per Second is mainly due to the old ultimate only giving you 75 fury (only enough for 1 enraged skill) after the whole duration, whereas this one will give you 150(enough for 3 enraged skills). Most of the time when I pop my ultimate its to save me from ganks, or help me win a fight that im barely winning/losing. The health is nice but it really doesn't help that you still have little to no fury for attacks. This changes that. Popping it allows you to pull off your Q for a quick health gain, reduce their armor with your E or stun them with your W.

Lastly, Renekton's Stun is nice and all but honestly I don't want to be standing there unable to do anything for about 75% of the stun duration. It really hurts you and has actually caused me to die a few times.

Passive: (Innate)
- For every 1% of health Renekton is missing, he generates 0.1 Fury per second.
- Renekton also generates 2 Fury every time he is hit by an enemy champion and 1 Fury from minions and monsters.
- (removed old passive effect, added it to ultimate)

Ult: (R)
- (old effects, health gain and magic dps are still on the ultimate)
- Renekton gains 50/75/100 Fury upon activation
- Renekton gains 50/75100% more Fury from all sources
- Renekton generates 10 fury per second for 15 seconds

Ruthless Predator: (W)
- Renekton is no longer snared when stunning.
I agree with this. These are very small buffs that would improve his lategame greatly. All he ever needed was a fury gain buff.

HellChime

04-28-2012

I just want him buffed for late game....I can't tell you how many games I sigh at for doing so little damage with all my skills to enemy champions late game compared to riven

CynicalGiant

04-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by HellChime View Post
I just want him buffed for late game....I can't tell you how many games I sigh at for doing so little damage with all my skills to enemy champions late game compared to riven
His Enraged abilities do a good amount of damage late game, its just he barely gains enough fury in the late game to really do a consistent amount of damage. Hopefully this fixes that.

clear world

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-28-2012

Though I'm not against the idea of helping rek and i don't play him so I don't want to throw much of my opinions on your change, but isn't gainning rage passively seem kind of weird when he loses rage if he isn't attacking. Just something i wanted to point out.

Heck, in fact of what you did to his current passive, increasing to 50/75/100%, wouldn't that be a decent passive buff? just another random passing stranger opinion.

an actual dog

04-28-2012

Mentioned this in another thread: he should just get a large fury boost when he gets a kill or assist.

Ginga

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-28-2012

Thematically, I think he should get a fury boost whenever he takes a hit......but that could turn real OP real fast...

Preadator789

04-28-2012

There have been many renekton threads and about his useless passive and riot said they would buff him many months ago.....

CynicalGiant

04-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by clear world View Post
Though I'm not against the idea of helping rek and i don't play him so I don't want to throw much of my opinions on your change, but isn't gainning rage passively seem kind of weird when he loses rage if he isn't attacking. Just something i wanted to point out.

Heck, in fact of what you did to his current passive, increasing to 50/75/100%, wouldn't that be a decent passive buff? just another random passing stranger opinion.
Thats actually a pretty good point. I changed it to "Renekton gains 1% more fury from all sources for each 1% of health missing".

CynicalGiant

04-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginga View Post
Thematically, I think he should get a fury boost whenever he takes a hit......but that could turn real OP real fast...
Thats part of my buff idea, 2 for hits by champ and 1 per minion. Its to make him a better jungler. It also goes with the other part of his passive which gives him fury for health missing.