League of Legends disease: Katarina Syndrome

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rumble Bot

04-28-2012

Why should I pay money to open an amplifying tome up?

Riot fix this now.

TNine27

04-28-2012

I've never seen Mejai's Soulstealer build on someone who was doing well and could actually put up stacks.

BlargChikaBlargh

04-28-2012

Mejaj's is actually really viable if you're not dumb and can keep at least two stacks on it >.> Doesn't make sense on Kat tho. I use it on Lux almost all the time.

Josh de Tonreau

04-28-2012

havent bought it in ever

I See Stars

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by imidorifeed View Post
Kat syndrome: (n)
1. To always build a Mejai's Soul Stealer in every game, regardless of team composition, opposing team's builds, or obvious lack of actual kills/stacks.
2. Wasting money on an item that can be sold for enough money to buy a blasting wand that would give them more AP than the 0 stack Mejais.

The cause of Kat syndrome is currently unknown, but many experts believe it has roots that lie in a dark place known as MobaFire
I've bought AD and AP stacks on her before. Got them both to 20, still lost because of CC.

QQ

TNine27

04-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlargChikaBlargh View Post
Mejaj's is actually really viable if you're not dumb and can keep at least two stacks on it >.> Doesn't make sense on Kat tho. I use it on Lux almost all the time.
Mejai's Soulstealer costs 1200 gold, which is equal to about 60 ap in gold.

It gives 20 innate AP, so you need 40 Ap in stats to really catch up. Since it grants 8 ap per stack, you need around 5 stacks to break even, and 6 to really get ahead. You lose 1/3 of stacks on deaths, so every time you die you need to get another kill to break even.

Now that i think about it, that doesn't seem too bad. If you are doing well on someone like Karthus, i could definitely see grabbing Mejai's. Get a kill or two with your ulti, pick up assists in teamfights, you could easily make the item consistently gold-efficient. Then if you do something really amazing you become unstoppable.

If you get shut down it can be bad though.

Moonchopper

04-28-2012

Only time I buy Mejai's is on AP nunu, supporting bot lane, and if we're crushing And maybe Mordekaiser, when I get matched up against someone that is stupid-easy to lane against with him.

but I'm not high elo, so meh.

HeartlessXiao

04-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xeldn View Post
for some reason every lux that has ever been on my team ever has this syndrome
Except Mejai's is actually pretty decent on Lux, who really shouldn't be dying much at all due to the massive range on all of her spells.

I See Stars

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNine27 View Post

It gives 20 innate AP, so you need 40 Ap in stats to really catch up. Since it grants 5 ap per stack, you need around 5 stacks to break even, and 6 to really get ahead. You lose 1/3 of stacks on deaths, so every time you die you need to get another kill to break even.

Now that i think about it, that doesn't seem too bad. If you are doing well on someone like Karthus, i could definitely see grabbing Mejai's. Get a kill or two with your ulti, pick up assists in teamfights, you could easily make the item consistently gold-efficient. Then if you do something really amazing you become unstoppable.

8 per stack, not 5.

Wynterfell

04-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNine27 View Post

It gives 20 innate AP, so you need 40 Ap in stats to really catch up. Since it grants 5 ap per stack, you need around 5 stacks to break even, and 6 to really get ahead. You lose 1/3 of stacks on deaths, so every time you die you need to get another kill to break even.

Mejas is horrible on karthus - you're not suppose to be afraid of dying, and guess what happens when you die with Mejas? You lose stacks.
Yes, karthus generally picks up some kills in a teamfight but the best I see with his Mejas is just breaking even.