Vlad Counters - Top Lane

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DucksUp

04-28-2012

So I have just started playing Vlad top and my games are really night and day. Leagueofstats.com doesn't do the best job at lane specific counters, they are more for overall counters.

So, what champions counter Vlad? I think Lee Sin and Fizz are both hard counters to Vlad in the early game.

Thanks for the help everyone.

Kidrik

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-28-2012

People with easy grievous wounds. MF, Fizz, etc.

Etherimp

04-28-2012

Fizz. Possibly Kennen. Maybe Teemo. I could see Lee working as well if played smart.

IdleAltruism

04-28-2012

Lee Sin will rape Vlad 1v1, but he will push the lane hard or he will sacrifice CS to do so. He's a solid pick vs Vlad, but if Vlad survives he will easily outscale/farm Lee, so you should be very cautious about ganks.

Fiddle Sticks absolutely destroys Vlad in every way possible. He is the hardest of hard counters to him. Vlad can literally do nothing to him and will be permanently zoned. Quick note, drain remains active through pool, so Trololo Ignite+Drain will do Vlad pretty much every time.

Similarly, Soraka will destroy Vlad, but she pushes the lane insanely hard. Use her with caution and buy tons of wards.

Nidalee can beat a Vlad upon hitting six. Either AD or AP will do, but you must be a savant with her spears in order for AP to do it (basically hit every spear after he pools). AD Nid will force him out the lane pretty consistently upon hitting 6, but Vlad will eventually out scale her.

Fizz is half-decent, but he has the same problem as Lee Sin, and he's nowhere near as sustainable as Lee.

Olaf isn't so much a counter as he is someone that can survive Vlad top and then pound him into the dirt later.

I hope that helps, and hopefully he becomes a little more manageable with the upcoming nerf to WoTA.

Kirielis

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-28-2012

Kayle destroys him on account of having a really strong early game as compared to his weak one. It evens out eventually if he turtles, though by that time she's probably destroying other lanes too on account of having a ridiculous lead.

Ethri

04-28-2012

Teemo is a great counter, if the Teemo knows what he is doing.

ISITONKIDS

05-05-2012

leeesin damage early game and his shield

Alamander

05-07-2012

Any champion that can pressure him for a kill between levels 1-4 because that is when he is weakest.

Applying Logic

05-08-2012

Anyone with a DoT and ignite will beat Vlad.

Teemo - Max/Level E before Q for Vlad.
Brand - His passive allows any of your spells to be deadly for Vlad.
Cassio - Either of the poisons will work.

The list goes on, but as long as you can poke and apply a DoT you can generally beat him.

Directw

05-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdleAltruism View Post
Lee Sin will rape Vlad 1v1, but he will push the lane hard or he will sacrifice CS to do so. He's a solid pick vs Vlad, but if Vlad survives he will easily outscale/farm Lee, so you should be very cautious about ganks.

Fiddle Sticks absolutely destroys Vlad in every way possible. He is the hardest of hard counters to him. Vlad can literally do nothing to him and will be permanently zoned. Quick note, drain remains active through pool, so Trololo Ignite+Drain will do Vlad pretty much every time.

Similarly, Soraka will destroy Vlad, but she pushes the lane insanely hard. Use her with caution and buy tons of wards.

Nidalee can beat a Vlad upon hitting six. Either AD or AP will do, but you must be a savant with her spears in order for AP to do it (basically hit every spear after he pools). AD Nid will force him out the lane pretty consistently upon hitting 6, but Vlad will eventually out scale her.

Fizz is half-decent, but he has the same problem as Lee Sin, and he's nowhere near as sustainable as Lee.

Olaf isn't so much a counter as he is someone that can survive Vlad top and then pound him into the dirt later.

I hope that helps, and hopefully he becomes a little more manageable with the upcoming nerf to WoTA.
I also vote Fid.
Last night I play two games as Fid, fighting Vla at mid. Both Vla are beaten really hard. I won in cs and level.