Olaf vs Riven need help

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

lightcaptain

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-28-2012

I'm the Olaf vs Riven top... how do I win this lane? I try to farm as much as possible but when I trade with Riven she always comes out on top, I've only won this lane once out of like 5 times that I've played against her and that Riven was noticeably bad. Everyone tries to say Olaf owns Riven easy but I'm not seeing it... I stomp every other top lane I face that's melee but not Riven. I've seen people say to keep trading with her with W active to come out on top but riven just backs off every time or if they decide to fight I still end up gibbed anyway.

I usually go Q , E, Q, W, E, R as my skill order, get ulti, then max E.

For items I usually go for an early vampiric scepter/ninja tabi into philo stone/HoG and then I get frozen mallet or start building randuins omen.

Runes: armor seals/mr per lvl glyphs/armor pen reds/movespeed quints.

Ignite/Ghost

Am I losing this lane because I try to trade before lvl 6? Should I just be rushing wriggles/tabi instead of gp10 in this matchup? I've also lost this lane as Renekton -- It doesn't matter what I do if I'm vs Riven I lose every time.

I'm expecting to get flamed about how bad I must be to lose this lane but I just hope the helpful responses outweigh the negative because I'm genuinely trying to step up my game

TheAbraxis

04-28-2012

I wish I played Olaf, but I don't. Alls I can say is i have faced some pretty scary ones as Riven, so it can be done.

Keep in mind though, that you can lose a trade and still come out ahead over time. You have crazy life steal, she doesn't.

Samuel Lee

04-28-2012

start cloth and 5
then get the true damage at level 1 and the life steal at level 2
then when riven try to fight you you throw lightning at her face and smack her with axes while she cries about your lifesteal + pots

Faythful

04-28-2012

riven has always been a brutal top lane pick, but safest bet would be probably to bromacia her down with your true damage cause they will normally start cloth + pot against you

Hoogly

04-28-2012

Press e

Run away

Rinse + repeat

alxJaZe

04-28-2012

if you skip the gp5 to get real items, almost all lanes become much much easier. try doran's blades and wriggles

omg I lagged wow

04-28-2012

cloth 5 > E, W, Q max E then W, smash E then W. Try not to let her begin the trade first. Get in her face before she gets in yours.

PhotonScatter

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-28-2012

Max out your E first, and skip gp5. Don't understand why you would purposefully set yourself back when you have the advantage instead of pressing it. Start Cloth+5, and ask for jungle gank (if you really need one). Once you get your Wriggles/Tabi, you win the lane. Heck, you can really start trading once you get Tabi + VS.

Probably the same reason why your Renekton loses, but you didn't list your build/playstyle for him.

IKobos

04-28-2012

Max your true damage and laugh

Libra Man

04-28-2012

Watch CLG;s last game, first round in Korea. If you do what HotshotGG does... stop doing it