Udyr counters

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jamaree

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-27-2012

I have picked up Udyr and I'm loving how he works. Tanky, amazing DPS, sustain, if not best sustain in the game, so I'm wondering, who counters him?

Giltia Zero

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-27-2012

Ranged heroes, slows, not building glass cannon, etc. Udyr is the only champion in the game, if I recall, who has absolutely NO range options. Bear Stance does serve as a really nice haste, but his damage is purely melee.

Jamaree

04-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giltia Zero View Post
Ranged heroes, slows, not building glass cannon, etc. Udyr is the only champion in the game, if I recall, who has absolutely NO range options. Bear Stance does serve as a really nice haste, but his damage is purely melee.
Hmmm, thanks, I see what you mean. So champions like Rumble or Teemo have an advantage over him top. On a side note...it is weird to see you being nice O.o

MCMCMAN2

04-27-2012

Well, the best counter to Udyr is trundle. Definatly.

Udyr has a decent amount of dmg through his Q and really good armor, mr, and hp.
Trundle is pretty similar, but flip it. He has decent survivability, and really good damage.
The reason trundle counters Udyr is because of his Ult and Q. His Q will lower your targets AD by (i believe) 40 at max level, or its 10 if it doesnt scale.
His ult siphons HP, armor, and MR. Bassicly, it makes you beefier and squishifies him.

-In 1v1, merc treads and contaminate will **** on udyr stun, as well as your bonuses.

-In a team fight, Ult him, Q their carry (if possible) and then start trying to kill the carry. If you need to separate the fight, then you can pillar a bear stance udyr and push him away from his targets, as well as slow him. He has no ranged attacks, so your carry can kite him, along with the rest of ur team.

Mugenman88

04-27-2012

Janna, ashe, or anyone with a heavy slow can kite Udyr to hell and back

Sogreth

04-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamaree View Post
Hmmm, thanks, I see what you mean. So champions like Rumble or Teemo have an advantage over him top. On a side note...it is weird to see you being nice O.o
He is nice as long as people aren't being stupid, or asking dumb questions. lol

Giltia Zero

04-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamaree View Post
I'm only mean to idiots. Say something stupid and I'll call you on it. And then you'll get all huffy and it'll be too much fun to stop trampling all over your hopes and dreams.

Ask a legitimate question and I'll probably just answer it.

Not my fault everyone around here is an idiot.

Dmillz89

04-27-2012

If you mean in lane Olaf counters him

deteego

04-27-2012

I am not sure what you mean by counter

If you are talking about top lane, Udyr probably doesn't have a counter. There are champions that can come up equal against him, but him actually losing the lane is a different story altogether. Teemo and Kayle might be able to outlane him, depending on how it plays out, but both of those champions have a lot left to be desired outside of laning phase

Olaf vs Udyr really depends on Udyrs reaction time. Olaf's E always hurts ridiculously, however if Udyr manages to shield just before he gets E'ed, it does a lot in preventing harass. Furthermore, Olaf has no sustain apart from his activable W, which costs him mana and is not passive. If Olaf goes W instead of Q, he will not have much harass apart from E, and will never be able to actually chase off udyr to kill him. If Olaf gets Q instead of W, he will have much stronger harass, but basically no sustain

In any case, once udyr gets his Wriggles, Olaf wont be able to trade favorably against Udyr at all. Movespeed runes on Udyr with boots/3 can also help a lot with Udyr, since he will be able to kite Q much more easily, and can trade with Tiger after Udyr gets hit with olafs E (udyr with boots will be able to hit olaf 3-4 times after Q because olaf wont be able to run from it). Boots 3 with movespeed runes will also allow Udyr to quickly last hit out of bushes and run back in without having to deal with Olafs E a lot more easily

Pissed Off

04-27-2012

He's uncounterable, you can withstand his lane but the closest you may get to a counter is warwick or teemo.