Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Jungle Morgana - my strategy

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

goblinglamourgab

04-27-2012

So I have tried a couple games as Morgana jungle, and I'm happy to say it works, with some caveats.

Pros:
Spell vamp provides sustain (works with smite)
Stun helps prevent damage
Stun is a very good initiator for ganks, especially for unsuspecting lanes
Black shield prevents deaths from invasions/counter-jungling

Cons:
Not the greatest clear time, but there are worse
Really susceptible to counter jungling; can't do much unless team is coordinated
Extremely easy to fall behind, especially because clear time does not significantly improve with levels

Why?
I tried this because I love jungling, and I think the meta is boring. I was trying to think outside the box, basically.

What I wanted to do was have Twitch go mid, and after ganking his lane, have him stealth and go gank an unsuspecting lane. So kind of trade out jungling/roaming with mid. The reason I wanted Twitch was because they are less likely to start game with pink wards, and he would directly counter their green ward placement. The first two games I got stuck with premades who were not supportive and trolled to no end. The last game not only did I get a cooperative team, but I even got someone to pick Twitch!

Unfortunately, the Twitch would not trade with me to gank until really awfully late into the game. I wanted him to roam after my first gank (which was successful even with Cassi using flash) but he wouldn't.

We did win the game, by a large margin, but I wish I could have tested this out with a more cooperative mid lane.
My hypothesis is that this could actually work with a well coordinated team.

1v5 np

04-27-2012

only work if the other jungler isn't braindead

2pudge1cup

04-27-2012

ive played 1 game as jungle morgana and won it.

it works fine. shes better in the woods than feedlesticks.

TyphoonKing

04-27-2012

Couple of games won as morgana jungle

breaks the jungle meta

Nefarious Death

04-27-2012

Quote:
Agampodi:

So if the other jungler IS brain-dead it would NOT work?

You engrish confuzzle me sah

MalevolentLemons

04-27-2012

Want an ap jungle? Karthus Nunu Fiddlesticks Rumble

goblinglamourgab

04-27-2012

Quote:
Agampodi:

The other jungler can steal your jungle, but I didn't pick Morgana to farm anyway. I picked Morgana to counter standard play. Also, one jungler can't really gank Morgana in the jungle because of black shield. All he can do is steal farm.

goblinglamourgab

04-27-2012

Quote:
TyphoonKing:
Couple of games won as morgana jungle

breaks the jungle meta

Because discussing new possibilities = reinventing the wheel?

Kotegawa

Recruiter

04-27-2012

You can win as anyone, even Eve if the opponent does not know how to deal with the champion. The reason jungle Morgana isn't use is because there are better jungler picks than her. Might as well play her mid since she is sub-par in the jungle.