Matchmaking Elo Problems

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

boxbox1080

04-27-2012

I don't know why but it seems that ello is based off of a ratio between your wins and losses. This system works... for levels 1-29 however at lvl 30 it suddenly stops working completely. This is because your elo stops taking your wins into account. You can only win so many games without lvl up at levels 1-29 however at level 30 this stops being the case. So for example today i was in a group with a Rammus and Soraka. Soraka being a pro player with 350 wins insta-locked. Well I had already explained that I only had magic pen runes because i wasn't able to buy the other set yet and my magic pen didn't have quents. Well, needless to say it didn't start out nice. Then Soraka afk-ed due to internet issues after dieing 4 times. Well Gangplank top had his crit runes and was mowing me. We did end up wining ty to the tank but. When we got done I noticed Soraka had 352 wins Ramaus had 241 Wins and I had 219. However the enemy team Gangplank had 1693 Kayle had 542 and Xerath had 496. This should be taken into account when matching teams. Yes we had higher elo because we were still able to out play them. However this is also the reason that as i played toward level 30 teams were able to troll with a lvl 30 1800s wins and a lvl 3 with 20 wins. This needs to stop and could be simply fixed by making the cumulative team wins be as equal as the elo. So other ideas, thoughts, or am I the only one having this problem? Also dang i am wordy today.

boxbox1080

04-27-2012

Also another example game.
1 220
2 110
3 209

1 745
2 606
3 1348

Why is this allowed to happen?

pizzzzak