Lane mundo build help

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lumek

04-26-2012

I've been trying out mundo since his free week, but since I can't jungle, been playing him in top lane as a bruiser. Current build
SS: Flash, Teleport (because I can never decide when to use other SS's and never actually use them)

Masteries
0/21/5 (only lvl 26)

Skills
R>Q>E>W

Items
Doran's shield
Boots 1
Warmogs
Merc/Ninja (depending on enemy comp)
Wits End
Frozen Mallet
Atma's Impaler
???

Runes
I don't have a second set of runes yet, so MPen reds, flat armor yelow, flat MR blue, HP quint, I intend to get my second rune set soon, but have no idea what to get. Suggestions please.

How does this build stack up? What would you suggest for improvement? Thank you in advance.

Warrrrax

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-27-2012

Why can't you jungle? Mundo is quite strong in the jungle and has a better kit for it.

Anyways...

I wouldn't start with dorans shield. Simply put it won't keep up with the health regen needs. Once you eat a combo or two and are at half health, you are HOZED. THey can zone you out or kill you easily and it takes forever to recover.

A Cloth armor and 5 health pots will last you until level 6 where your regen gets much better. It also takes the sting off of creep and physical attacks, plus the 750 health buffer.
A dorans gives you about 11 HP5 which is 130 health per min. It sounds good but the gain comes very slowly, relative to a health pot as needed.

Leveling up your Cleaver is a bit risky too because the cost goes up so fast. If using it to last hit from afar, consider keeping it lower level.

On the other hand, Agony isnt super useful when laning unlike jungling, and neither is your AD steroid since most tops Hit and run. Sustained attacking doesnt really happen and youd eat too much creep aggro.

Early warmogs is a good idea as you can get the regrowth pendant and ruby crystal easily and cheaply. It helps reduce the percentage of your costs and lets you cast more.

Wits End is fine.

You might try out TriForce instead of Frozen Mallet. You already have tons of health right? And decent enough overall defenses due to WE, your runes/masteries, and ninja tabi/treads and/or chainmail you get and upgrade later on to atmas.

Mallet is very inefficient and costs like 800 for the snare. Ive found the TriForce snare is sufficient since I have adequate attack speed and have cleaver to keep em slowed until it procs.
Triforce is also very efficient, and you can trigger the big 160ish dmg proc very often. The extra MoveSpeed is really really nice too! The other benefits except for mana are solid enough.

If you skip Tabi for treads, you can also consider upgrading cloth to a Wriggles. This lets you match the sustain that most top champs get, with built in ward, and some needed armor.

Lumek

04-27-2012

well the primary reason I don't jungle is because I never ggot a chance to to really practice at lower levels so if I try I just get my ass kicked. And before you say suck it up and practice makes perfect, I know that. I just don't feel comfortable going in unprepared for learning the new role, so I keep putting it off. I'll get around to it eventually, probably when I can get some practice games in with friends.