Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Karma Cant shield Wards anymore

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sterlin104

04-27-2012

IDK if it was in a patch or something but karma cant mantra shield wards anymore, and she used to be able to. would it be possible to reinstate this if figure if kat lee and jax can jump to wards and whatnot (and I am pretty sure soraka can still give mana to minions) then karma should be able to mantra shield wards it's nothing thats going to game breaking or anything

TLDR: Let karma shield/mantra shield wards again

Sterlin104

04-27-2012

Bump Forums seem busy today

Lord Sunday IV

05-10-2012

Yes please... I ended up wasting my mantra early on trying to do this, and anyone who's played Karma understands how bad it is to waste a mantra in laning phase.

Can they at least stop doing this suff secretly?

Ionian StarChild

05-10-2012

Karma's ability to shield wards have been removed during the patch that targeted Lee Sin's and Katarina's ability to use wards for escapes. They were given back the ability to do so, but left Karma to suffer for unknown reasons (maybe they forgot she existed).

Brettakisse

05-10-2012

So I've never played karma (only seen her once), why would you want to shield a ward?

Valiant Rebel

05-10-2012

Quote:
Brettakisse:
So I've never played karma (only seen her once), why would you want to shield a ward?

Whenever she activates a Mantra (her "ammo" charges), when you use your E (Soul Shield) it will shield an allied target for some flat number + AP and it will deal AoE damage with the same flat number + AP to all surrounding enemies.

So essentially, during the laning phase, you can place a ward in the middle of the lane, so when the enemy champion walks near it, you can "trap" them and deal damage to them without them realizing it. You could basically play zoning games with the enemy champion until the phase is over or if they buy an oracle's, at which point, you made them waste 400 gold.

BlackK1nG

05-11-2012

i think that shielding wards can only help ya to take out enemies with Karma(Mantra skill,ya know) but shielding them for protection is useless...thats my opinion bro

Haen

Recruiter

05-11-2012

Quote:
BlackK1nG:
i think that shielding wards can only help ya to take out enemies with Karma(Mantra skill,ya know) but shielding them for protection is useless...thats my opinion bro

This, its a surprise nuke. Especially if someone is recaling in a brush they are unaware is warded.