Next Patch: The Full Release of Spectator Mode!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hevn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-27-2012

Gonna be so awesome!!! I think the friends spectator thing is a really nice touch and helps pass the time when you're waiting to play with someone who is in the middle of a match. Kudos, Riot!!!

Slimlenny

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-27-2012

When's 3D coming out?

abombkim

04-27-2012

I'm just curious but can't people ghost to their friends while spectating?

Phille Bot

Recruiter

04-27-2012

This is awesome! Gj riot!

Astrumqt

04-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by abombkim View Post
I'm just curious but can't people ghost to their friends while spectating?
3 minute delay.

Hafniso

04-27-2012

I'm beyond excited for this. I was really hoping they would do a lot more with spectator mode than what they had in the beta, and it looks like my wish will be fulfilled.

Werewolf Link

Recruiter

04-27-2012

Does it inform you of when the game is over? Since you're on a 3 minute delay, that game will be over while you still have at least 3 minutes left. What if youre watching a friend finish their game, with the intention of joining them afterwards? They'll have to wait for you for at least 3 minutes while you wait for the already finished game to finish (Unless you have an outside form of communication for them to tell you they're done.)

MeanFacedJohnny

04-27-2012

Good stuff

Bimbley

04-27-2012

omg yes

Zileas

VP of Game Design

04-27-2012
6 of 38 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slimlenny View Post
When's 3D coming out?
We decided to kick it up a notch. The newer version will actually use futuristic technology to render the actual scene with actual matter in your living room. So, instead of being virtual reality 3d, it will be ACTUAL reality 3d. Unfortunately, we need about 150 years of technological advancement to have any chance of doing that, but be patient, we are working towards this slowly. Sadly, we had to take a detour to do spectate mode.

- Zileas