Next Patch: The Full Release of Spectator Mode!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Poro Overlord

04-27-2012

Please tell me there will be a way to turn off spectators on your friend's list. Sometimes I like the games I'm playing to be private, even if they are not custom. I hope there will be a personal option to disallow spectators from your friend's list.
I guess that seems kind of confusing. What I mean is, in the options window or something, have a checkbox for EVERY GAME or a chat status that's "Disallow any spectators" that can be turned off at any time. Other people's spectators from their friends list can still join, but not people from yours. I would really like that.

Ultimately

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Recruiter

04-27-2012

Legandary.

Don Ring

04-27-2012

"Because kill steals always look better in slow-mo". Lol, looks sweet.

Neutech

04-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuikami View Post
Please tell me there will be a way to turn off spectators on your friend's list. Sometimes I like the games I'm playing to be private, even if they are not custom. I hope there will be a personal option to disallow spectators from your friend's list.
I guess that seems kind of confusing. What I mean is, in the options window or something, have a checkbox for EVERY GAME or a chat status that's "Disallow any spectators" that can be turned off at any time. Other people's spectators from their friends list can still join, but not people from yours. I would really like that.
I dont understand what the big deal is here honestly? WTF?
Are you trying to hide you super spectacular build or some ****?
Are people getting away from spouses and having cyber in these rooms?

Honestly. Lame.

dismemberedalive

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-27-2012

wont 3 min delay allow dragon and baron timers to get viewed? this means u can get timers for buffs u didnt control.

ldcfxx

04-27-2012

massa

Neutech

04-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by dismemberedalive View Post
wont 3 min delay allow dragon and baron timers to get viewed? this means u can get timers for buffs u didnt control.
Now we can be like Nascar and have a "Spotter" LOL.

Skeeterman

04-27-2012

Just want to state something obvious; would this enable cheating in high rank elo games? I mean even if you're delayed by 3minutes you can still fast forward and view the latest actions of other, or is there a 1minute forward delay which can't be fast forwarded so the game stay legit.

Please don't thumb down and let riot see this, just want to know.

Phantomstrike

04-27-2012

So your implementing a spectator mode with a 3 minute delay...why bother, it's pointless.

Take a page from HoN, allow live spectator mode with no delay seeing what the player you spectate is able to see. Also, the player you are trying to watch has to authorize you to watch them, eliminating the risk of a friend of someone playing on one team watching the other team's movements. Because again, you can only see what the player you are watching sees. Why can't you make your spectator mode like this?

This new mode is really no different then watching a game on youtube. Who wants to watch a game with a 3 minute delay that is over while your still watching it.

Time to get with updated technology

Gage

04-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantomstrike View Post
So your implementing a spectator mode with a 3 minute delay...why bother, it's pointless.

Take a page from HoN, allow live spectator mode with no delay seeing what the player you spectate is able to see.

This new mode is really no different then watching a game on youtube. Who wants to watch a game with a 3 minute delay that is over while your still watching it.

Time to get with updated technology
Oh yeah no delay so you can join your buddies on Skype and act like a weasel. Pretty sneaky sis.