SoSalty's Mundo Bot Build

12
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SoSalty

Senior Member

04-26-2012

Having played Mundo enough, I've grown bored of him. He's still my favorite bot champion thus far, but I'm thinking about trying new things. So I'm going to post my build and explain why he's one of the best bots I've ever used. I kind of discovered Mundo Bot since I've only see one other person ever actually go bot with Mundo. I'm also retiring him because he's getting nerfed hard next patch.

Runes: Armor Pen/Magic Pen Reds or Magic Pen Reds, Scaling Armor Yellows, Scaling Magic Resist Blue, Health Regen per level Quints.
Masteries: 9/21/0
Summoner Spells: Revive/Exhaust
Skill Order: R>Q>W>E (Do not get a point in E until you max Q).
Items:
- Open Doran's Shield, Boots of Speed, Null Magic Mantle and 4 Health Pots (if you know your enemy lane champion is AD for sure, go ahead and take two Doran's Shield)
- Core Items: Spirit Visage, Mercury Treads, Force of Nature and Randuin's Omen.
- Situational (Depends on your match-up): Atma's Impaler, Thornmail, Wit's End, Quicksilver Sash and Maw of Malmortius. Ideally, you're going to take Wit's End and Atma's Impaler.

Lvl 3-5: Spam Q because you cannot engage the enemy unless that champion really sucks (like Eve). Spamming Q is very effective even when you are behind against the enemy bot lane champion. This is the hardest part to deal with when playing with Mundo.
Lvl 6-18: Choose your fights well and spam Q. If you're up against a Ranged AD or Caster, zone him/her. On the other hand, if you're up against a tanky DPS champion, be careful, but you should come out on top against almost everyone. To this date, I've never really lost bot against anyone. The only times I lose bot is when I went top first and took bot late where the enemy champion has a 3k gold advantage or the enemy team ganks me 24/7 and ignore top entirely.

The three reasons why Mundo Bot is so good. I'm going to list reason number two first since most think that's the first reason.

2. Infinite Sustain. Mundo heals through everything so well. His late game scaling on health regen is ridiculous. I can stay in the lane pretty much as long as I want. I only go back when I need to buy or a gank is coming.
1. Mundo fights when he pleases. As Mundo, I can choose when I want to fight. If the enemy engages me and I think he's going to win, I back off. It's very easy with my Ulti, W and Q. I can run away from pretty much any fight. Then, I come back when my health returned back to higher levels while the enemy bot's resources are still depleted.
3. Highly Resistant to Ganks. As a bot player pretty much every game, I hate it when I'm coming out ahead in the lane against the enemy only to get ganked. Then I die and lose my point (when my Revive isn't up). In order to counter this, I learned how to play sustain champions such as Udyr. The biggest problem with Udyr was getting kited. So, I picked up Mundo. Anyway, when I come out ahead against the enemy bot lane champion and get ganked, I can run away. The thing most people do is run back to their point which is bad because, people usually die most of the time and even if they escape they have to deal with 2 bot until the bot player's allies come bot. However, the smart thing to do is to run up their mid lane (the point between their bot point and mid point). If one person chases, you can get away. If two people chase and you die, you still bought time because they have to run all the way to your side of the map to take your point. If no one chases, you b, buy and go back bot.

Counters to Mundo Bot: You would think Executioner's Calling is the best counter, but I still get to choose my fights. If I think I'm going to lose, I back off. If I know the enemy has Executioner's Calling, I don't use my ulti until the debuff is gone. At this point, I stalemate unless I get a gank.
1. Soraka. She's just annoying to fight against. I mean, she won't kill Mundo, but Mundo won't kill her. You have to slowly whittle her point away. Even if you whittle it down, a Soraka with Garrison just brings it back up.
2. Warwick. It's kind of counter-intuitive, but Warwick outsustains Mundo most of the time. Late game, I can come out on top, but I have to run away from 1v1 fights mid-game.
3. Heimerdinger. He's just hard to beat because his turrets and CC make it hard to catch him. The most important thing is to not let him build a large creep wave by spamming Q.
4. Burst AD champions with Ignite and Executioner's Calling such as Talon: This is very very annoying to play against. I end up running away and just spamming Q.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

A12MO12

Senior Member

04-26-2012

i build him exactly how you described but for roaming/top.

One of my favourite champs for sure. Thumbs up on guide.
you should mention malzahaar though because his dot dmg just wrecks mundo.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SoSalty

Senior Member

04-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by A12MO12 View Post
i build him exactly how you described but for roaming/top.

One of my favourite champs for sure. Thumbs up on guide.
you should mention malzahaar though because his dot dmg just wrecks mundo.
I've yet to face Malzahar bot with Mundo. QSS is probably more important on Mundo than most other champions in that matchup.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nigit

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

04-26-2012

Would think Mundo would have a tough time with Vayne with kiting,condemn and % true damage.

Edit: Seems like your sample size isn't large enough and haven't really faced experienced any AD carries at bot lane yet. Just looked through your match history and only saw potentially Ashe/Kog'maw bot.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

urmamasllama

Senior Member

04-26-2012

i tried mastering mundo bot back when he first got his buffs but everyone still said he sucked it wasn't fair that when i tried to prove its validity that i was up against vaticide (i think) on udyr


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SoSalty

Senior Member

04-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigit View Post
Would think Mundo would have a tough time with Vayne with kiting,condemn and % true damage.

Edit: Seems like your sample size isn't large enough and haven't really faced experienced any AD carries at bot lane yet. Just looked through your match history and only saw potentially Ashe/Kog'maw bot.
I've played against a Vayne before. She doesn't want to trade. Like, trading with Mundo is usually a lose situation. I mean the second a Ranged AD starts 1v1ing me, I go in. Randuin's Omen is really key against Ranged AD's and that's getting nerfed next patch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by urmamasllama View Post
i tried mastering mundo bot back when he first got his buffs but everyone still said he sucked it wasn't fair that when i tried to prove its validity that i was up against vaticide (i think) on udyr
Yeah man, it's not fair. When I was learning how to play AD Malzahar, my first match was up against mollica. Ironically, Aparkhurst was also on the other team.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

kingdo

Senior Member

04-26-2012

I've had at least 300+ mundo games since release and really like you're guide thanx for it! one thing to not, mundo CAN beat just about everyone if u build right. Also wits end is REALLY good on him... way better than other MR items... ty for guide I agree with 90%+ of it


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Forestgreen02

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

04-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoSalty View Post
The only times I lose bot is when I went top first and took bot late where the enemy champion has a 3k gold advantage or the enemy team ganks me 24/7 and ignore top entirely.
Isn't this going to happen very very frequently? Losing 3k gold advantage because your point gets neutralized everytime and you never get to farm? I can tell you I win bot most of the time because I keep denying people farm by getting a huge wage and neutralizing the point so minions die suiciding at your neutral point.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jjaja

Senior Member

04-26-2012

And against AD Malzahar?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SoSalty

Senior Member

04-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jjaja View Post
And against AD Malzahar?
Like I mentioned before, I've yet to try it, but I'm sure it'd be hard on Mundo, just not too hard. I might bring it to stalemate. Thornmail and QSS are pretty crucial.


12