Is Pantheon the easiest assassin to play?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Redeemed In Fire

04-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panwar View Post
Actually I have had some really good games on Fizz free-weeks. I should look into buying him at some point.
doooo eeet, my dominion games haven't been the same since I bought him

Blackfire447

04-28-2012

I think its just that he is the best to play. Low CDs, and until end-game he can combo anyone to under 25%, and then do it again in like 4 seconds with such low CDs.

KaptKirk51

04-28-2012

In relation to my earlier posts about Talon.

Black cleaver is only a situational item if their team has alot of armor(I usually build frozen mallet) Either way like I said I usually stack BF swords later in the game and I have found the AS boost to be helpful and an easy thing to build the extra BF swords into.

Sanguine blade is extremely useful for between fights or during harass. I just attack minions between fights and while throwing rake out to harass this allows me to get a good portion of my life back and recall less.

I really don't care if you don't agree... this build i almost always complete over the course of the game and I win 75-80% of the games I play with talon.

Try it before you knock it

blackDAILO

04-28-2012

But Black Cleaver only becomes fully effective after your third autoattack. For mid-late game, a LW would be way more viable than the Black Cleaver.

Again, Talon is a burst-n-run assassin. Stay in a fight a tiny bit longer, you die. Your build might work, but it is horribly unefficient and counterintuitive.

KaptKirk51

04-30-2012

black cleaver is more effective bc of attack speed, and higher AD.

40% armor pen from LW isnt that important considering all the armor pen i already have with runes and ghost blade, and dom passive....% armor pen is the most helpful when you have tanks with a very high amount of armor (like in SR) there is usuallyonly 1 tank/dominion team and even then its iffy if they are building straight armor....thats besides the fact that you shouldn't be attacking them. Squishys you should be attacking have low armor anyways and 40% off of say 50 armor is less reduction than you would get off of black cleaver procs which could actually take them into the negative with all my orther armor pen items taken into account.

Thats why in my testing black cleaver was more effective than LW

you pick and choose your fights with talon, 99% of being good with him is knowing when to attack.

the most intuitive builds are the ones most players use....and most players are average

This isnt a build i just made up on the fly. This is after playing 75+ games with talon and substituting in/out different items. This is the build that worked the best in game. Allowed me to stay alive the longest, do the most damage, and get the win.

Try it out before you dismiss it.

lbgsloan

04-30-2012

Nah, Kat will always be the queen of low-skill assassins. I'm convinced the only reason they refuse to buff her at all is because they know she'd instantly become OP. Poke with Q while waiting for team to initiate, WER. Repeat until you or everyone else is dead. She can never be fixed by adjusting damage, her skillset is too binary. LeBlanc isn't much better, but at least she can be tricky if she wants to.

GrignardTS

04-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbgsloan View Post
Nah, Kat will always be the queen of low-skill assassins.
I find her harder to play because you need to off set her ability to be COMPLETELY shut down by competent players with superior play and timing.

Pantheon just kind of jumps in and tears it up.

MusashiRyuu

04-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaptKirk51 View Post
black cleaver is more effective bc of attack speed, and higher AD.

40% armor pen from LW isnt that important considering all the armor pen i already have with runes and ghost blade, and dom passive....% armor pen is the most helpful when you have tanks with a very high amount of armor (like in SR) there is usuallyonly 1 tank/dominion team and even then its iffy if they are building straight armor....thats besides the fact that you shouldn't be attacking them. Squishys you should be attacking have low armor anyways and 40% off of say 50 armor is less reduction than you would get off of black cleaver procs which could actually take them into the negative with all my orther armor pen items taken into account.

Thats why in my testing black cleaver was more effective than LW

you pick and choose your fights with talon, 99% of being good with him is knowing when to attack.

the most intuitive builds are the ones most players use....and most players are average

This isnt a build i just made up on the fly. This is after playing 75+ games with talon and substituting in/out different items. This is the build that worked the best in game. Allowed me to stay alive the longest, do the most damage, and get the win.

Try it out before you dismiss it.
"The most intuitive builds are the ones most players use?" Lol, What? The most "intuitive" builds are builds you make up yourself using your own instincts, "intuitive" builds make sense, and are EASY to understand. You must not know what the word "intuitive" means.

AAARRRRGGGGGHHHH

04-27-2013

i was gonna post in this thread but then i realized i already did

goddamn necros can't even pick out a funny thread to necro

A Slime Appears

04-27-2013

I've never seen a forum that necros so consistently. What is wrong with you people.