Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Is Pantheon the easiest assassin to play?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Degnared

04-27-2012

Pantheon is my go to draft first pick when I'm feeling lazy (and they banned intelligently).

KS ALL THE THINGS

ColdFireBeast

04-27-2012

Quote:
Panwar:
Well it doesn't help that Pantheon has a very cohesive and solid skill set, which makes him fun to play.

Kassadin- His W is pretty meh and it feels like you have 2 abilities to fight with the majority of the game. One of which is dependent on charging up. Supposedly his very powerful, and I can see how he's good at zipping in and picking off low health squishies, but beyond that he just seems lackluster. I would like to see a video of high level Kass play, because I just don't get it, and he feels...unfinished.

Akali-Besides her kit/passive being needlessly contorted I just feel like I don't do enough damage or die too fast. I have seen some Akali's pull the ol' Leblanc and just zip in and totally destroy someone in less than a second. But that is never my experience.

Poppy-I probably just haven't played her enough. But truthfully I have a hard time getting over the stigma of her OP'd ness on Dom. I already feel guilty when I play WW sometimes.

Evelynn-She has one of those kits that can go either AP or AD but whichever way you go you basically ignore half of her kit. It's why I can't get into TF, or Sion that much either. It feels sloppy and lame regardless of how well it might work.

Talon-I actually like Talon and I feel like I'm just playing/building him wrong. I don't do enough damage so my fights usually end up with me pulling off my combo and they are still running around and my CD's are all down and I'm like "Uhh now what?"

I don't know if anyone's addressed it, but build Kassadin as a tanky AP. This allows you to build defensive mana items and to use his R offensively as well as hit with his W. That should help you out.

Ikruti

04-27-2012

I can't help but laugh when I kill people with mandrop. I always envision them embedded in the ground with just their heads peaking out of the soil.

I do know how you feel though, I do decently well with Kassadin but Poppy is one of those where the enemy Poppy will rip everyone's face off from the get go, but I seem to need about 12-15m before I start ripping faces off. And Kassadin to me feels very awkward until 6, he really feels very incomplete until you get Riftwalk IMO. Leblanc is the same way IMO, very awkward until 6.

Panwar

04-27-2012

Oh yah, I suck with LeBlanc too. But I actually played several games with Poppy yesterday and did fairly well.

As for Grand Skyfall, it amazes me when people don't get out of the way. Even though it's counter to my needs, when I'm dropping on someone I'm often saying "Can't you see the ring? Get out of the way!"

Kalarepa

04-27-2012

Quote:
Panwar:
Pantheon doesn't have high burst damage?

Compared to Akali's, Talon's or Leblanc's damage? His burst is not that high.

KaptKirk51

04-27-2012

Talon is my favorite by far and hardly ever lose with him.

If your having trouble building him. I go straight AD with some CDR

Below build order changes based on what I have gold to buy at the time of recall but same general order (always buy something)

Prospectors+boots
CDR boots +BF sword
Brutalizer+BF->sanguine blade
usually black cleaver (frozen mallet if I think I need more HP)
brutalizer-> ghostblade
Then I usually stack BF swords until the end of the game

People who build crit on talon are idiots...all of his damage comes from his abilities he is not meant to be an autoattack champ. I also personally think trinity force is too expensive and takes to long to see returns for your investment (I rarely see a TF talon do well).

Play style whenever your out numbered sit back and rake minions for gold (by the first BF sword you can clear any little minion with 1). Generally rake enemies down until tankier champ initiates 2) silence a caster if there is one, if not save it until you get focused then jump to other side of the battle 3) only ult to escape or if you know it can get you a kill (but at the same time use it liberally in those situations has a pretty short CD)

I run him with standard 21/0/09 AD carry masteries
Armor pen marks
health/level seals
CD glyphs
health quints

blackDAILO

04-28-2012

Quote:
KaptKirk51:
Talon is my favorite by far and hardly ever lose with him.

If your having trouble building him. I go straight AD with some CDR

Below build order changes based on what I have gold to buy at the time of recall but same general order (always buy something)

Prospectors+boots
CDR boots +BF sword
Brutalizer+BF->sanguine blade
usually black cleaver (frozen mallet if I think I need more HP)
brutalizer-> ghostblade
Then I usually stack BF swords until the end of the game

Why are you building on-hit items?

Sanguine Blade is horrible on Talon as he needs to autoattack for a while to get the most out of the item.

Black Cleaver? Same idea, you need to autoattack 3 times to get the most armor shred.

Autoattack = staying in fights. Talon is a burst and run assassin.

Redeemed In Fire

04-28-2012

Talon is tricky to build on Dominion since his biggest AD item (Bloodthirster) is removed and replaced with a sustained fight item (Sanguine). This ends up meaning your main build options are DPS/onhit or crit, neither of which work well on Talon.

Anyway, have you considered Fizz? He's very strong as both a burster and a sustained fighter, and has mobility matched by few.

Panwar

04-28-2012

Quote:
RCIX:

Anyway, have you considered Fizz? He's very strong as both a burster and a sustained fighter, and has mobility matched by few.

Actually I have had some really good games on Fizz free-weeks. I should look into buying him at some point.

Elalya

04-28-2012

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/attachment.php?attachmentid=430471&d=1335558440

pic related.