Is Pantheon the easiest assassin to play?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Panwar

04-26-2012

Because he's the only one I'm any good at.

Kassadin-I suck
Poppy-I suck
Akali-I suck
Evelynn-I don't suck, but I'm surely not great
Talon-I haven't played him tons, but when I did I sucked

I figured I would be decent with Akali as she's kinda like Pantheon just no stun but with extra mobility. But no, I am hooorible with Akali.

Wolfalisk

04-26-2012

Panth isn't an assassin, he's an AD Mage.

inFe eD

04-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZergSwarms View Post
Like a wizard, except he has a spear instead of a staff, and instead of casting fireballs he throws his spear and occasionally his own manly body at the enemy. Who would ever play a normal mage again after playing Pantheon?

ZeroAquaduct

04-26-2012

I think Pantheon is one of those champs that's easy to build, not necessarily easy to play. Without practice, it's easy to mess up his ult, and to some extent, his E as well (especially if you use the W > E > Q combo).

Panwar

04-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZergSwarms View Post
Assassin is his role, AD casting is how he performs his job. The two classifications speak on different aspects of the champion and are not mutually exclusive. Just as Renekton is tanky dps, be he's also an AD caster.

GeneralDirection

04-26-2012

All champions are fairly quick to learn. You don't play easier champions to become a better player, you just need to practice. No quick and easy way about it.

Panwar

04-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralDirection View Post
All champions are fairly quick to learn. You don't play easier champions to become a better player, you just need to practice. No quick and easy way about it.
Well it doesn't help that Pantheon has a very cohesive and solid skill set, which makes him fun to play.

Kassadin- His W is pretty meh and it feels like you have 2 abilities to fight with the majority of the game. One of which is dependent on charging up. Supposedly his very powerful, and I can see how he's good at zipping in and picking off low health squishies, but beyond that he just seems lackluster. I would like to see a video of high level Kass play, because I just don't get it, and he feels...unfinished.

Akali-Besides her kit/passive being needlessly contorted I just feel like I don't do enough damage or die too fast. I have seen some Akali's pull the ol' Leblanc and just zip in and totally destroy someone in less than a second. But that is never my experience.

Poppy-I probably just haven't played her enough. But truthfully I have a hard time getting over the stigma of her OP'd ness on Dom. I already feel guilty when I play WW sometimes.

Evelynn-She has one of those kits that can go either AP or AD but whichever way you go you basically ignore half of her kit. It's why I can't get into TF, or Sion that much either. It feels sloppy and lame regardless of how well it might work.

Talon-I actually like Talon and I feel like I'm just playing/building him wrong. I don't do enough damage so my fights usually end up with me pulling off my combo and they are still running around and my CD's are all down and I'm like "Uhh now what?"

Melvear

04-26-2012

Well, I suck as kass, poppy and evelynn as well (though I've only played eve a handful of times). I do play a good Talon and a fair Akali though.

Talon is a strong assassin, but you can't expect to outright kill people from 100 to 0 in a single combo, unless it's a strangely built soraka with no armor or hp late game. You do have the ability to kite really well though, and you can stay on a wounded target easily, or get out of a bad fight if you need to. You should do enough damage to most targets that they won't want to stay and fight, giving you the opportunity to kill them in a chase since you'll get your abilities back pretty quickly, and rake + diplomacy deals a crapload of damage by themselves.
In dominion, I use his ult before the fight begins a lot of the time, to get into position stealthed and have the element of surprise to its full effect. The cooldown is short enough with max cdr that you'll have it again before another fight happens.

Akali is all about timing her abilities right. If you spam, you'll be out of energy and probably dead rather quickly. She's also about using her shroud right, and that's not always easy. Basically, it's a "fight reset" of sorts. It allows your energy to regen while your cooldowns come back, so you can Q>AA>R for another burst.
As far as her passive goes, I mostly ignore it. I don't find it particularly efficient to try and go hybrid for the sake of increasing both effects. Going full AP gives you nice AA damage, and you should have enough vamp with gunblade+whatever that gives with the passive.

BigDaddyRelish

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-26-2012

He's a very streamlined and straightforward assassin, so I would say he's fairly easy to play and get a hold of.

I still think Kassadin and Poppy are the easiest though.

Grantson

04-26-2012

Wu Kong may as well be labeled as an assassin in this map mode. So easy to spike people early game when you time Q right with a sheen to reset your attack cycle, plus he has no need for skill shots unlike Panth. Give him a try.