Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

@Riot, Any job openings with no college degree needed?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Security Agent

04-26-2012

I want to work at Riot, really really bad. I love this game to death, but I'm only 18, and only have a High School diploma. I was just kind of browsing the job positions, and I was kind of interested in a few, but my only question is do I need a college degree to apply/work at Riot?

ipico

04-26-2012

yes janitor, XD

hahaha sorry just a joke

Security Agent

04-26-2012

Quote:
ipico:
yes janitor, XD

hahaha sorry just a joke

And I got down voted, how rude.

Deathfairy

04-26-2012

Quote:
ipico:
yes janitor, XD

hahaha sorry just a joke

How is that a joke when it is simple harsh truth. Some high school fail who knows nothing but video games doesn't want to go college and do something more then scrub toilets? Sounds quite fair.

OskieBoy

04-26-2012

Just because you like the video game doesn't mean anything, there a million kids that would be like COOL I LOVE THIS GAME I CAN HAS JOB?!

It's just not that simple, you need a degree to get anywhere in Riot.

ipico

04-26-2012

Quote:
Deathfairy:
How is that a joke when it is simple harsh truth. Some high school fail who knows nothing but video games doesn't want to go college and do something more then scrub toilets? Sounds quite fair.

I didnt wana sound rude

ImBahBz

04-26-2012

sure just forego any formal education, cuz u learn all the important stuff in high school rite?

DemothHymside

04-26-2012

You don't need a college degree to be very good at something, and you can, in fact, be better than people with degrees.

The issue comes in that most of the time, college is a good indicator about how much you know (or at least should) and also takes at least some type of commitment. Obviously it's not a catch-all for success, as there are fairly incompetent people who somehow managed to obtain MD's and PhD's

But most companies don't have the time to sift through every aspect of what you know, and don't want to risk hiring and paying you money on the off chance you are some type of prodigy who can do a job.

The best thing to do is go to college AND constantly apply and search for work you want. A few friends of mine never graduated because they got chances in their field to get a job they loved and did not need to complete a degree.

If you bank on finding a very tehnical job without any formal training, you also need to plan to be flipping burgers for 20 years and be one of those grumbling nut jobs who ramble about how they are geniuses and the system is broken.

Scoobëdoo

04-26-2012

Quote:
ImBahBz:
sure just forego any formal education, cuz u learn all the important stuff in high school rite?

You sound bitter.

So would you say personally that you learned everything you needed to learn for your job at school?

I went through college and it didnt prepare me for work in information security more than the first month at the company would have.

I think thats a major problem with our country. If hes a smart kid and he trys his best he could probably get in as an intern and work his way up.

But people like you are always trying to hold him back.. YOUR un AMERICAN and part of the PROBLEM.

Deathfairy

04-26-2012

Well considering you thought posting in general chat about this is a good idea, i think it is good indication of you lack of common sense and sup-bar IQ.