Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

"Cross team chat is now disabled by default"

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sigismund

04-26-2012

I love you Riot.

Yefo

04-26-2012

I hope this doesn't go live.

I could complain about people not having thick enough skin all day, but the real issue here is that not every exchange over /all chat is a negative exchange... There's plenty of times where /all chat has positive outcomes: players complementing other players, teams congratulating each other after a game, and believe it or not, even friendly conversation.

People that don't know how to properly communicate with the other team ("GG noobs", "Our Vlad sucks", "Our jungler is at your blue right now", etc.) are ruining /all chat for the rest of us.

stormbarrier

04-26-2012

Quote:
Yefo:

People that don't know how to properly communicate with the other team ("GG noobs", "Our Vlad sucks", "Our jungler is at your blue right now", etc.) are ruining /all chat for the rest of us.

For the most part, I agree, it is being ruined. But, I imagine consensus would be that a game of friendly chat doesn't make up for a game filled with troll speech.

Everspace

04-26-2012

TBH, this change is aimed towards the beginners.

Hiding it behind a menu would hopefully allow people to opt-in rather than out when they are ready.

Kurø

04-26-2012

It should be on by default with the option to turn it off. That would be better.

Kwon BoA

04-26-2012

^ Kura knows! :')

stormbarrier

04-26-2012

I think having it off by default is terrific. Everyone can turn the option on/off and they don't lose out on anything by having ALL chat off. The player can still communicate with their team, which is important, but they're automatically hidden from potential harassment.

Gadalar

04-26-2012

opening the option menu is harder than playing the game itself? This is MADNESS!